How to flip text without reversing letters?

Hello, I am using BoltBait to flip vertically across the image and I like that it keeps the orientation, but I dislike how it reverses the text. Is there another plug in or something I can do in paint.net to make it perfectly line up without it reversing the letters? Images for reference. Top image is right side, bottom is left side.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Littledude

• Littledude changed the title to How to flip text without reversing letters?

Impossible, sorry.

You'll just need to recreate the text.

You see, once you finalize text, it becomes pixels just like the rest of your image.  Text is no longer special at that point.  So, flipping the layer also flips the text as the text is just pixels like the rest of your image.

28 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Impossible, sorry.

You'll just need to recreate the text.

You see, once you finalize text, it becomes pixels just like the rest of your image.  Text is no longer special at that point.  So, flipping the layer also flips the text as the text is just pixels like the rest of your image.

any way to paste the text with the correct orientation over the flipped text? essentially just replacing the old text with the new text, orientation and all? 

Edited by Littledude

2 minutes ago, Littledude said:

any way to paste the text with the correct orientation over the flipped text? essentially just replacing the old text with the new text, orientation and all? 

A python script to read text from image and paste the text onto clipboard via pyperclip, then use pdn text tool.

Too much work, I know.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Use the selection tool to draw a selection box and copy the “example text” and paste it in another location. Then you will have to back fill the void created by the copy/paste method. 

Otherwise, recreate the text as BoltBait indicated. 

edit: this is a good reminder that having the text on its own layer will enable the text to be moved around using the move tool or using one of the align plug-in to align the text somewhere else on the canvas. 

my comment assumes that the OP is working on a flattened image rather than layers.

Edited by TrevorOutlaw
  • Like 1

1.  Select Text and copy.
2.  Duplicate your text layer.
3.  New layer and paste incopied text.
4.  Go back to the duplicated layer, use color picker for the blue and use Backspace to color
    over old text.
5.  The go to Layer - flip horizontal.
6.  Move the new text over the flipped blue layer.

Copy-text.png

final.png

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.