Can't print graphics

Today, following a routine Paint.net update I am no longer able to print anything, getting an error message of "An error occurred during this operation" .  The detail is "80070005 Access is denied".   My printer operates normally on other apps.

I then removed paint.net and installed a new copy ($8).  There was no change.  80070005 Access is denied. 

I would very much appreciate help, as I am a long-time pleased user.

--Oldster

Paint.net is free, just not via the Windows Store, probably because it costs something to make it available there. People who buy through it are considered to be donating (which the author much appreciates), but it's not required if you're fine with having it not through the Store. It's odd that it would cost you twice, in any case. I'd think the windows store would keep track of things you already purchased.

I can't give you much advice about this, but you can run any program as an administrator if your user account has access. Just type paint.net in the search bar on Windows, right-click it and press "run as administrator". You will get a prompt from UAC (user account control) saying are you sure? Click yes. Then try to open the image and print it. If that doesn't work, it's possible you have some other issue with the printer (though you said it works normally on other apps). Maybe it could be an issue that only paint.net sees because of how PDN has it configured.

Or it could be a bug in the new version, but I'd go through those steps first.

This sounds like something broke with the printer driver itself. You might try reinstalling it.

The printing and scanning UI in Paint.NET is a Windows component, so if there's an error related to it then you have to troubleshoot "outside" of Paint.NET. And as for feature requests ... some day these will be rewritten to not use that Windows component, but until then it's usually preferably to just use another program.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg