File broken with this error message

"There was an error opening this file"

Application version: paint.net 4.2.10

PaintDotNet.Imaging.ComponentNotFoundException (0x88982F50): D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer.Native\Imaging\WICImagingFactory.cpp (902) : hr = m_pImagingFactory->CreateDecoderFromStream( spStream, preferredVendor.HasValue ? &NativeConversions::ToNative(preferredVendor.Value.Guid) : 0, static_cast<WICDecodeOptions>(metadataOptions), &spDecoder);
   at PaintDotNet.Interop.InteropErrorInfo.ThrowIfError() in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Interop\InteropErrorInfo.cs:line 98
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.NativeUtilities.ThrowOnErrorImpl(Int32 hr, SByte* szHr, IUnknown* pFxErrorInfo)
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.Imaging.WICImagingFactory.CreateDecoderFromStream(Stream stream, BitmapDecodeOptions metadataOptions, Nullable`1 containerFormat, Nullable`1 preferredVendor)
   at PaintDotNet.Data.WicFileTypeHelpers.Load(Stream input, Nullable`1 forcedContainerFormat, Nullable`1 preferredVendor, MetadataTranscoder metadataTranscoder) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Data\WicFileTypeHelpers.cs:line 61
   at PaintDotNet.Data.PngFileType.OnLoad(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Data\PngFileType.cs:line 139
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 522
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

I started as a .pdn and thought I converted it to a png, though, I might have done so without flattening all the layers so it can't open.

Is that my problem? How can I convert this back? I really need this

3 hours ago, PaintZ said:

How can I convert this back?

Try changing the file extension from .png to .pdn.

You may have saved a PDN file with the .png file extension.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

7 hours ago, PaintZ said:

"There was an error opening this file"

1.  Open paint.net and check your File > Open Recent.

2.  You may have saved it to another folder, so check folders that you may have been working on at the time.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.