I cant find my folder for paint.net i downloaded it in the windows app and it isnt in the windows app folder.

43 minutes ago, carson said:

I cant find my folder for paint.net i downloaded it in the windows app and it isnt in the windows app folder.

Why do you need to find it?

If you're just trying to install plugins, for example, that works a little differently on the store version of Paint.NET...

Read this: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

If the above ^ ^^ advice doesn't bear fruit:-

There's a possibility your browsers default download folder has been used (or changed) and if you check what that is you may find the download. With Firefox and its derivatives the default location is found under Tools > Options > General tab > Downloads

Normally I just use my browser's downloads tool but I have had things like this happen because I've downloaded something previously to a custom location using a download manager. The download manager adds that custom location to the options list and if you don't change it (easily forgotten) that location will be used as the default for the next download too.

There are other possibilities - I doubt anything like this is what has happened here but there's one well known file sharing web site that downloads to your RAM. It then should offer you the option of moving it to a location of your choice once finished. But if that isn't done, for whatever reason, a copy is made to the usually hidden Users\Specific User Name\AppData\Local\Temp folder or somewhere mad like that. 

Of course they don't tell you this. 

IHaveNoName.png