Map Projection Solutions?

I am creating a graphic for a worldbuilding project of an alien planet, and am looking to create a Winkel Tripel projection of this planet for mapping purposes.

Issue is... I don't know how to do that. Does anyone have any potential solutions for achieving this, or know of any plugins that would allow such to be done?

12 hours ago, Pyzayt said:

I am creating a graphic for a worldbuilding project of an alien planet, and am looking to create a Winkel Tripel projection of this planet for mapping purposes.

Though in any case I'm not aware of any plugins that might help, what is the format of the image you want to convert to a Winkel Tripel projection? Unless you have an image in some other format, such as a map using a different projection, I can't see exactly what you intend to do. If you don't already have a map in some other format you want to convert to a Winkel Tripel projection, the only thing I can think of is using a Winkel Tripel projected Latitude/Longitude image as a guide to drawing the map.

unnamed-chunk-6-1.png

• Upvote 1