Yes I know I am not suppose to post this here

I know that you tell me to post my questions about plugins in a certain spot but I am getting now help. Heres what is going on. I had downloaded the shape3d plugin which I liked and worked good with no problems. It was in my effect-render menu. I them downloaded a plugin package. This was a bad idea. paint.net constintly was saying before it even opened "paint.net has encountered a problem and needs to close" Because it kept doing this I reinstalled paint.net and since then I can not get shape3d to work. It says it is in my effects folder but when you are in paint.net in the effects-render menu it is not there. If someone has any insight on this please help. I would really like to use the shape3d again and I wanted to try the drop shadow effect. I can't get any plugins to work. Says they are there but no when I am actually in paint.net

First off, this should have been posted in Troubleshooting & Bug reports.

Ignoring that (a moderator will take care of it), there should be a file on your desktop called pdncrash.log. If you could post the contents of that file here, it would be of great assistance to those of us trying to solve the problem. Also, what was the plugin package that you downloaded?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Ignoring that (a moderator will take care of it),...

Woah. He's psychic.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ignoring that (a moderator will take care of it), there should be a file on your desktop called pdncrash.log. If you could post the contents of that file here, it would be of great assistance to those of us trying to solve the problem. Also, what was the plugin package that you downloaded?

I know that is where i should post this but thing is no one is helping there so I am trying else where. And this is the package that I downloaded.

MAGICAL PLUGINS MEGAPACK the pdncrash.log where do I find that?

I know that is where i should post this but thing is no one is helping there so I am trying else where. And this is the package that I downloaded.

Well it in the Troubleshooting & Bug reports now thanks to our mods / David for keeping the boards clean.

Now the pdncrash.log should be on your desktop. Whenever Paint.NET crashs it will put a crash log on your desktop.

I not sure but your problem could be the fact that the Plugin Pack your trying to downloaded needs to be updated for 3.36 as it last update was back in May. I can't download that plugin pack and check to make sure as I don't got Paint.NET here at work.

Also you said the problem was you can't find Shape 3D, Well that because Shape 3D is not a part of MAGICAL PLUGINS MEGAPACK. You will need to download the Shape 3D plugin and install it in order to have it.

Now when you download plugin be sure to exact the plugins out of there .zip files so that you have .dll files. The .dll files are the plugins and they should go in the effects folder unless there filetype plugins. Now you may need to unblock them to get Paint.NET to see them. Right-Click on the plugin file, click properties, and you should see a dialog window pop up. At the bottom of that dialog window should be a button called unblock. click him. Now load up Paint.NET and see if you got them.

ok I know shape 3d is not in magical plugins. I had shape3d and then tried magical plugins heres the link to that http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21592 After downloading that can't get shape 3d to show up in paint.net effects-reander....but shows in the program file. And I dont see a crash log....its possible it got deleted. My desktop and recycle bin is cleaned almost daily.

Well it in the Troubleshooting & Bug reports now thanks to our mods / David for keeping the boards clean.

Now the pdncrash.log should be on your desktop. Whenever Paint.NET crashs it will put a crash log on your desktop.

I not sure but your problem could be the fact that the Plugin Pack your trying to downloaded needs to be updated for 3.36 as it last update was back in May. I can't download that plugin pack and check to make sure as I don't got Paint.NET here at work.

Also you said the problem was you can't find Shape 3D, Well that because Shape 3D is not a part of MAGICAL PLUGINS MEGAPACK. You will need to download the Shape 3D plugin and install it in order to have it.

Now when you download plugin be sure to exact the plugins out of there .zip files so that you have .dll files. The .dll files are the plugins and they should go in the effects folder unless there filetype plugins. Now you may need to unblock them to get Paint.NET to see them. Right-Click on the plugin file, click properties, and you should see a dialog window pop up. At the bottom of that dialog window should be a button called unblock. click him. Now load up Paint.NET and see if you got them.

Just wipe out everything in your Effects folder and redownload the plugins you want (well, need).

There must be some incompatibility bad karma going on.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio