Is it possible to change the shape of the end cap arrows?

mcflies

the end cap arrows are too short and stubby. is there any way to elongate them? arrows should be twice the length as width. the current options are basically an arrow drawn in a square box.

i'm guessing it's not possible but it annoys me enough to sign up here and ask just to find out for sure.

thanks.

19 minutes ago, mcflies said:

the end cap arrows are too short and stubby.

Sorry, I don't understand which arrows you are referring to🤔

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

Sorry, I don't understand which arrows you are referring to

I assume the comment refers to the line Style for the ends when using Line/Curve. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any options for arrows besides filled or non-filled. In my opinion, the filled one has about the right proportions, but the non-filled one does look a bit stubby, at least for some uses. The possibilities may be limited by some underlying API, such as GDI+ or DirectX, though I certainly don't know if that's the case.

I often wish for more flexibility in the line ends. What I usually do is draw the line then add a custom shape as the ends (as in the cone shape below)

custom-line-ends.png

• Like 3
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 1