Genius G-Pen F610 graphic tablet not working on Paint.NET

ionut

Hello!

I use Paint.Net to draw street maps of my neighbourhood, in Bucharest, Romania. I started this project about 8 mounths ago and i'm very pleased about the posibilities of that software. Also, i use it to crop photos or to write adnotations on them.

Recently i've bought a Genius G-Pen F610 graphic (drawing) tabet. I'm very pleased about how it works under Vista and Office 2007, but i needed to draw my maps with it under Paint.NET. So, i've tested, and i found it didn't work very well.

First of all, drawing is not fluid, like on other programs. I've tried both paintbrush and pencil, but i can make only straight lines, not curved. Also, is very slowly, taking about 1/2-1 second to draw a line.

If it helps: when i try to make a new profile under MacroKey Manager (an utilies who makes 29 shortcut key on tablet), it didn't recognise paintdotnet.exe as an installed program. It shows me other installed programs on my PC, but not Paint.NET.

On MS Paint and JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 works also fine, but not on Paint.NET.

What should i looked for to make drawing tablet work with Paint.NET?

13683_924e2ddf72775eb7202705412f612f92

Have you installed the drivers?

it didn't recognise paintdotnet.exe as an installed program. It shows me other installed programs on my PC, but not Paint.NET.

I assume that this is because .NET assemblies are not supported for some reason. So, I suggest downloading Leopard, it is a simple programming language too simple to be useful, but you could use it to create a simple program that will launch Paint.NET. The base language is SmallTalk, so it may be more likely to work.

KaHuc.png

This tablet is plug'n'play under Vista. I've installed MacroKey software from the CD provided.

Tablet works fluid under other graphic drawing programs, but not under Paint.NET. MacroKey utilities recognise other programs, but not paintdotnet.exe.

I will try a reinstalling of the Paint.NET.