How to select text?

merks

After I unselect my text i can't seem select and edit it again,

normally you'd hover over it and a square "hitbox" would appear where you click that or just onto the letter but not sure how

this program does it.

Once text is "finished," it's converted to pixels just like any other pixels in the image, so it's no longer editable as text.

For the most recent comment from Paint.Net developer Rick Brewster on the possibility of editable text as a future feature, see this comment. In summary, it may be added some day, but requires a major effort, and isn't currently scheduled.

EDIT: Perhaps I'm misremembering or it's changed, but I don't think even Photoshop has editable text in image layers. Instead, it has special text layers that allow editable text. Allowing editable text in normal image layers seems very difficult to me. How could PDN Effects deal with editable text? If an Effect modifies the text, is the text still editable, with the modifications preserved? That sounds nearly impossible. Or does text cease to be edible once any modification is applied -- and if so, how useful, then, is it?

18 minutes ago, MJW said:

Once text is "finished," it's converted to pixels just like any other pixels in the image, so it's no longer editable as text.

For the most recent comment from Paint.Net developer Rick Brewster on the possibility of editable text as a future feature, see this comment. In summary, it may be added some day, but requires a major effort, and isn't currently scheduled.

So the best solution is to save text onto different layers and whenever you require a change to remove them?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, merks said:

So the best solution is to save text onto different layers and whenever you require a change to remove them?

Yes, the text should nearly always be in a separate layer. The rare exception is when the text is so intimately incorporated into other parts of the image that having it in its own layer isn't possible.

2 minutes ago, MJW said:

Yes, the text should nearly always be in a separate layer. The rare exception is when the text is so intimately incorporated into the image that having it in its own layer isn't possible.

Coding isn't as simple as i thought it seems. couldn't you save each change like you save a file each time you unselect the text or simply save the file at each character and change made? so whenever you click on the said text it would revert the pixel conversion or simply load the file saved beforehand?

1 hour ago, merks said:

revert the pixel conversion

Now you are talking about OCR technology which is a program all by itself. Too massive to incorporate into the app.

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png