How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.3.10 - 4.3.12 (Updated May 28, 2022)

BoltBait

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.3.10 and beyond (Updated May 28, 2022)
  • BoltBait pinned and featured this topic

'Tis littered with awesomeness. Five stars :star::star::star::star::star:  Would install again!

8 hours ago, Djisves said:

This is an essential pack for everyone who has PDN installed. 

Thank you for the kind words!

8 hours ago, Djisves said:

What you wrote in "new for this pack" was enough for me to go ahead and overwrite all the plugins I had installed.

Glad to hear it.  Be sure to explore all of the other plugins as I didn't mention all changes in the "new for this pack" section.

For example, "Floyd-Steinberg Dithering", "Pastel", and "Outlined / Gradient text" have some really cool new features.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, BoltBait said:

My laptop crashed and I lost all of the code for my plugins.  So, in this pack I have gone through all of my plugins and rewritten them from scratch.

You may want to consider backing up your plug-in code to a private repository on GitHub.

GitHub made unlimited private repositories available for free accounts in 2019, see https://github.blog/2019-01-07-new-year-new-github/.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

1 minute ago, null54 said:

You may want to consider backing up your plug-in code to a private repository on GitHub.

GitHub made unlimited private repositories available for free accounts in 2019, see https://github.blog/2019-01-07-new-year-new-github/.

I plan to do that.  That will also give me history of edits which I think is very important.  (I can also give access to a few trusted people just in case of emergency.)

In the mean time, I went out and bought a NAS and have my backup software run once per day.  I've already used it to restore a file I edited by mistake which saved my bacon!

Plus, my new laptop had One Drive preinstalled, so every one of my files is now backed up twice... once on the cloud and once on the NAS.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there. Just installed this plug-in, after searching options for feathering edges. I tried both of the ones listed in this pack but neither seem to work on this 2 layered project. I have tried selecting just the oval shape, then tried inverting the selection to it's selecting the transparent negative space but neither work. I'm trying to find a way to feather the background of a photo so the underlying stock picture/BG encircles the portrait. Any suggestions?

Test1.jpg

16 minutes ago, lefdinthelurch said:

Hey there. Just installed this plug-in, after searching options for feathering edges. I tried both of the ones listed in this pack but neither seem to work on this 2 layered project. I have tried selecting just the oval shape, then tried inverting the selection to it's selecting the transparent negative space but neither work. I'm trying to find a way to feather the background of a photo so the underlying stock picture/BG encircles the portrait. Any suggestions?

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I am loving the Black and White+, especially the newer update.

With the same core logic behind it and flexibility that it offers users, are you able to make a Sepia+ filer?

It is basically like the B&W+, but instead of colour mixing, it offers a duotone option that makes a sepia filter what it is. Offer the option to use a colour from hue 40 to hue 50, or maybe a list of compatible Pantone shades.

In that regard, maybe a standalone duotone filter, where a user is given full flexibility of two colours?

1 hour ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

where a user is given full flexibility of two colours?

Did you try the different blending methods?

image.png

I like Multiply (selected color + black) and Screen (selected color + white) the best.  But, all the blend modes are interesting.

Or, how about this one that goes from white to sepia to black:

image.png

Starting with a color image, I ran Effects > Stylize > Floyd-Steinberg Dithering with these options:

image.png

followed by a Gaussian Blur of size 2.  To finalize off the image I scaled it down to 800x600 from 3000ish.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, I'd very much like to make a small donation to assist with your current difficulties (assuming they are ongoing!). But I recently closed my PayPal account (after more than twenty years) due to their corporate policies. Do you have an alternative means for receiving a donation? I have Zelle which is fairly platform agnostic and has a smartphone app.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 12:58 PM, BoltBait said:

Also, for you luddites that refuse to use the installer, here's a zip file with all the DLL's in it: BoltBaitDLLs52.zip :RightArrowBlue: How to install Paint.NET plugins.

@BoJack Welcome and see the above quote from first post.  😊

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.3.10 - 4.3.12 (Updated May 28, 2022)
  • BoltBait unpinned this topic