Is there a way oif replicating blue sensitive black and white?

You need to create a mask to separate the sky, and the ground. Fill the sky with a single color. Finally, convert to black and white with a little adjustment on color. I used Alpha Mask to keep only the ground portion after making the mask.

I don't know how to do that well in PDN, but it's something like that.

Here's my attempt:

unknown.png

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

10 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Try my plugin for Black and White + which has various methods of converting to B&W.

Link in sig.

This doesn't solve the issue of separating the sky from ground.

I used alpha mask plugin after the creation of mask for that.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I too am not 100% sure of what @Nelsonarchie is asking, but could it just be as simple as:

Adjustments > Black & White (Ctrl+Shift+G)

black-and-white.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Interesting; I think the OP may be trying to mimic the orthochromatic b/w film (invented around 1873) rather than the earlier "blue sensitive" type mentioned. Blue/ultra-violet sensitive only films were the norm before orthochromatic film was invented and very troublesome to use particularly for portraits and landscapes with blue skies.

Even with the introduction of panchromatic film that was and still is slightly over-sensitive to blue light so records blue skies lighter than the human eye sees them. Hence the use of yellow > red filters. So what I was wondering is if you could do that in reverse ie. reduce the blue content of the colour photograph before converting it to b/w.

We're working on a 'positive' here, the 'effect' is caused originally by an excess of blue on the negative which means the blue part of the spectrum prints lighter. With a 'positive' you have to add the complimentary colour: yellow to make the blue parts display lighter.  

I've just had a a quick go at that, basically just adding a lot of yellow and then converting it to b/w seemed to do a reasonable job. But it does affect contrast so you would have to increase that to get an authentic looking tonal range in the rest of the image.

IHaveNoName.png