Mysterious error..!!!???

Paint.net stopped working with an error report. I uninstalled the program (PC, Windows 8.1) and reinstalled it. But in the end of the reinstallation this error message always comes up..!??? What should I do..?? (I made a defragment. of disk, but no help). Any ideas..???

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.IOException: Filen eller katalogen är skadad och kan inte läsas.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem..cctor() in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\FileSystem.cs:line 380
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.FileSystem.TryDeleteFile(String filePath)

generic troubleshooting would include (and skipping those steps that you do not understand):

- get the latest official version from getpaint.net

- try Repair from Control Panels-Programs and Features.

- try the portable version

- try the 32bit-version instead of the 64-bit version, and reverse

(these downloads here: https://github.com/paintdotnet/release/releases)

- try an older version if you find one or did keep one

- clean the registry, that is the appropriate keys, with regedit (that  is, rename the appropriate keys named paint.NET to paint.NETx)

- clean AppData and ProgramData (that is, rename the appropriate folders named paint.NET to paint.NETx)

- remove plugins

- disable your antivirus program temporarely.

it is probably faster, than analyzing the specific stack trace. Defragmenting the disk is surely not related.

- The message in Swedish, Filen eller katalogen är skadad och kan inte läsas reads:

The file or directory is corrupt and cannot be read

Therefore checking the disk from Explorer - click disk - Properties - Tools would be helpful (I don't know how properly in english).

Edited by Peter1
clarified, translated from Swedish, Tools