The file is corrupt or was saved with a newer version of paint.net

Hi. I had this huge long term project in paint net, and after saving in one night and restarting the PC it became corrupted(?). the message is:

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: already encountered chunk #0
   at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 663
   at PaintDotNet.Serialization.DeferredFormatter.FinishDeserialization(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\Core\Serialization\DeferredFormatter.cs:line 144
   at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\Data\Document.cs:line 1340
   at PaintDotNet.Data.PdnFileType.OnLoad(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\PaintDotNet\Data\PdnFileType.cs:line 31
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\Data\FileType.cs:line 498
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src_4_3_x\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

The file is quite huge and i am really desperate to get at least something out. Is there a way to extract layers, or maybe correct a mistake in the file layout? If someone is down to help, i can drop the file!
Thanks in advance.

Hello @Megabiba and Welcome to the forum :)

Saving a file correctly should not stop Paint.net opening in a newer version.

What computer system do you have?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

3 hours ago, Pixey said:

Hello @Megabiba and Welcome to the forum :)

Saving a file correctly should not stop Paint.net opening in a newer version.

What computer system do you have?

Thanks!, Windows 10.

So i used the Hex Workshop and it turns out a good half of the file is all 0-s, so basically paint net somehow botched the saving process. Alltho there is an upside to that - it means the other half is uncorrupted. I have a much older save, and i think that maybe i could somehow compile that uncorrupted half with the half from an older file to get a readable document. Just piling one to the other in hex reader gives an unreadeble one, so if you guys have any tips on how i may do that, or otherways extract some layers from the uncorrupted half(the document had 83) - please tell, would really appreciate a tip on the matter

Edited by Megabiba