Fashion Design

@Rick Brewster Hello! I hope you are doing amazing! I wanted to reach out because I had some questions in regards to using Paint.net for designing clothing and mock-up designs such as hoodies, t-shirts, etc. my first question would be is it possible to screen print after designing using Paint.net and if so is it a certain resolution it needs to be to do this. Also, would I need to vectorize it first for the quality to be sufficient? Another thing I’m worried about is this program becoming discontinued after I became efficient with it. Worried about investing in something and it not being around long term. It such a beautiful software and I want it to stick around. My last question is do you think you will ever get it to become available on Mac? Thank you for your help!

22 hours ago, School of Design said:

is it possible to screen print after designing using Paint.net

Yes.

if so is it a certain resolution it needs to be to do this

Not for a screen capture. Yes if you want to throw the results at a printer.

would I need to vectorize it first for the quality to be sufficient?

Unknown. What quality do you need? BTW: Paint.NET can't vectorize it.

Another thing I’m worried about is this program becoming discontinued

Paint.NET has been going for 18 years. Relax.

@Ego Eram Reputo Hey! Thank you for replying to my questions I posted! I’m trying to get hoodies and t-shirts designed using this program but I’m not sure if this is possible. The reason i bring up vectorizing is because I may need to use a vector program instead to design clothing due paint.net being a raster program. But maybe I can just design in Paint.net then move it over to a vector program to trace the image. I’m going to screen printing picture designs onto hoodies and t-shirts. What’s you opinion? 

I don't print a lot. When I do - I always use Paint.NET to construct the images. I've made a couple of games, and plenty of bits & bobs for things I've built.

Maybe if you give us the final image specs we can help you create a template that will match what you're trying to generate.