Transparent background

Go to solution Solved by YoYoSiwa,

• Solution

Hello,

When I try to save an image with no background with the grey and white squares as a PNG file, the background is now the white and grey squares instead! Do anyone have any knowledge about this or know a solution? Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @YoYoSiwa - welcome to the forum :)

Some internet images fake the appearance of transparency using an actual grid of gray & white squares. Is your image one of these? (Feel free to upload it as long as it is family-friendly).

Hi and welcome @YoYoSiwa.  When you used the snipping tool you preserved the white and gray checkerboard as 'solid', therefore, no transparency.

Enlarge the image and click on one of the white squares with the magic wand set at 75% and click  the Delete key. You can then use the Rectangle Select Tool to clean up the the two side edges.   OR....

Go to that website and right click and 'Save image as'....then you can import it into a new transparent layer.  Hope this helps!

Hi @YoYoSiwa and welcome :)

You need to crop your image:

Use the Rectangle select tool to select the image, then go to > Image > Crop to selection, and save it again to PNG.

crop-to-selection.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.