Polygon Lasso Tool

Mrseb

Hello Rick, sorry for opening another thread for this. I would really like to help creating the polygon lasso tool. 

Since 3 years I am a C# WPF/WinForms .Net Software Developer at a big German company that focuses on traffic engineering and I have been requesting this feature already 5 years ago

At the moment I am working on polygon curves at work, so if you provide me a .sln with a lasso class with a canvas, I would be glad to implement this feature for you. 

I can also explain the code to you via teams/skype and maybe you can give me a code review, etc. 

Edited by Mrseb

This is not something a plugin can do. I'm not looking for outside help on this. Just because you've been asking for a feature for X amount of time does not mean it is going to get done on any specific timeline (or at all, sometimes).

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello Brewster! 

I don't think it's right for you to refuse help. Thousands of people have been asking for this feature for years, but it didn't make it into the program. Everyone loves working with this program, but this is a fundamental shortcoming! I use the polygon lasso selection in Gimp because there is no need to beg for a basic function. I would like to ask when this function will be included in the program by default? Thank you and thousands of us are waiting for your answer

1 hour ago, Oneuser said:

Hello Brewster! 

I don't think it's right for you to refuse help...

...thousands of us are waiting for your answer

Wow! Is that the right way to ask for something?  (Hint, the answer is No)

Rick gave a complete answer on 22 March 2022 in his comment above and has also included it in the Popular Feature Requests thread here: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/2940-popular-feature-requests/ where he wrote:

"Polygonal lasso / selection tool - At some point, yes. Not sure when though (no ETA)."

That thread also says:

"I'll say it again: If the feature you want is on this list, do not open a new thread to ask for it or to discuss it. If it's on this list then either: (1) the feature is so simple or obvious that no discussion is really warranted and I'd rather you find something new and more productive to talk about, or (2) the feature has already been discussed to death and we have no need for any further information -- we've already heard it all and any more discussion is painful."

Also, you have revived a thread that is year and a half old, an action which is against the forum rules.

Please click on 'Forum Rules' at the top of the page and read them.

Your comment has added nothing to the discussion and has wasted the time of everyone that was notified that there was new Unread Content.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• BoltBait locked this topic