AuthaGraph Map Guideline Plugin?

I tried searching around both google and the forums, but I was unable to find anyone mentioning AuthaGraph map projections. I am very interested in this type of map projection, as it is the most accurate that I have heard of. I can find a world map using this projection, but just tracing over the guidelines won't be as accurate as I would like. I would ideally like to generate AuthaGraph guidelines for my canvas (maybe it will resize the canvas if needed for proportions) and add guidelines (which I believe are the longitude and latitude lines?) via programming. So they will be more accurate, and potentially I may be able to adjust the spacing between them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AuthaGraph_projection 

Does this exist, and if it does not exist, can anyone point me in the right direction towards what I might need to learn to do this? I studied programming and have a bit of experience using code for video games, but no software development. I am a bit math rusty but willing to learn. I don't necessarily need a step-by-step guide (not that those aren't appreciated) but general directions or search terms I can use to better find the resources would be much appreciated as I have never developed a plugin before. 

3 hours ago, noeinan said:

I would ideally like to generate AuthaGraph guidelines for my canvas

There isn't a plugin which will do this. That's not to say there won't be, just not right now.

11 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

There isn't a plugin which will do this. That's not to say there won't be, just not right now.

There might be something in a set of G'MIC script someone left in the cartographer forum. Those can actually be easily translated to C# plugin. I would have to finish those as they are not coded acceptably. Then, when I finish them, someone who wants them in a C# plugin can ask me for pointers.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

...the other option is to trace the gridlines in ShapeMaker.