This is not an Anti War post.

Hear, hear @BoltBait couldn't have said it better myself👍

Also, I didn't think @Manc was trashing H.C.A at all - I took it to be a metaphor for telling 'fairy tales'.

But I do know other nationalities don't always understand others' idioms.  For example, I discovered that Italians don't always 'get' innuendo.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Reads the room and see that my point on Western hypocrisy stands. Thank you for proving my points y’all.

knightsig.png

Paint.NET Gallery | Remove Foreground Object Tutorial | Dispersion Effect Tutorial

”An artist should never be a prisoner of himself, prisoner of style, prisoner of reputation, prisoner of success.” ~ Henri Matisee

8 hours ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

I found absolutely nothing funny in this thread and everything reeks of Western hypocrisy. How many nations has this Country of 50 States invaded and destroyed, yet people lose their minds when Putin threatens and follow through with his own threat to invade Ukraine? Yet people in the West conveniently developed amnesia and forget that after Ronald Regan made a promise that NATO will not expand one more inch, 20 years later, we see NATO following this Country of 50 States' imperialism and expansionism by gobbling up former Soviet blocs, and somehow Putin is painted as the bad guy.

Just my .02 cents.

Whataboutism is an inexcusably disingenuous and lazy rhetorical approach to discussion. You can be disgusted at Putin _and_ mad at "Western hypocrisy." They are not mutually exclusive. Just because The West does bad things doesn't mean Putin gets a free pass.

And yes, Putin is the bad guy. Also, Ronald Reagan did a lot of harm. And just because I say negative things about Regan doesn't mean that I think Clinton, Obama, or Biden are saints.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else. I'm not interested in this forum being filled up with whataboutism-fueled arguments. We already get enough of that outside of this forum, and it's a big part of the reason why all political discussion is in the gutter and nothing gets done anymore.

• Like 7

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

On 5/11/2022 at 5:16 PM, TrevorOutlaw said:

I found absolutely nothing funny in this thread and everything reeks of Western hypocrisy. How many nations has this Country of 50 States invaded and destroyed, yet people lose their minds when Putin threatens and follow through with his own threat to invade Ukraine? Yet people in the West conveniently developed amnesia and forget that after Ronald Regan made a promise that NATO will not expand one more inch, 20 years later, we see NATO following this Country of 50 States' imperialism and expansionism by gobbling up former Soviet blocs, and somehow Putin is painted as the bad guy.

Just my .02 cents.

I know you haven' t posted where you're from.

I'm just trying to guess what planet.😀

cob.png

7 hours ago, DrLizardToe said:

Greenwald received, together with Amy Goodman, the first Izzy Award for special achievement in independent media, in 2009, and the 2010 Online Journalism Award for Best Commentary for his investigative work on the conditions of Chelsea Manning.

His reporting on the National Security Agency (NSA) won numerous other awards around the world, including top investigative journalism prizes from the George Polk Award for National Security Reporting, the 2013 Online Journalism Awards, the Esso Award for Excellence in Reporting in Brazil for his articles in O Globo on NSA mass surveillance of Brazilians (becoming the first foreigner to win the award), the 2013 Libertad de Expresion Internacional award from Argentinian magazine Perfil, and the 2013 Pioneer Award from the Electronic Frontier Foundation. The team that Greenwald led at The Guardian was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service for their reporting on the NSA. Foreign Policy Magazine then named him one of the top 100 Global Thinkers of 2013.

In 2014 Greenwald received the Geschwister-Scholl-Preis, an annual German literary award, for the German edition of No Place to Hide. Greenwald was also named the 2014 recipient of the McGill Medal for Journalistic Courage from the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication of the University of Georgia.

What's this got to do with 'Not an anti war post'.?

cob.png

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I saw a news story today that confirmed that Putin has cancer.

So... cancer has cancer?

If true. 

I must admit, 'Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke'😉

cob.png