"Close All" options in menu "File"

Hi guys.

Very often I work with many images at the same time. When I have finished with one group, I need to close them all and open new group of images. There is an option "Save All" but there is no option "Close All". Yes, it is possible to close the Paint.Net itself instead of closing each image individually, but then all settings (colors, lines and font sizes) will be set to default and that what I don't need.

I will really appreciate if the option "Close All" will be added to the next releases.

And as long as I write already here I want to report a small bug. Not always but often when I try to increase Canvas size, then new added space will be filled with secondary color. That is not what I need. Before (in previous versions) always transparent area have been added to the Canvas. Now it is 50/50 game. I have figured out that if to select secondary color and set its "Opacity-Alpha" slider to "0", then a transparent pixels will be added.

Idea: in case if canvas size needs to be increased, in Canvas Size dialog window display additional option menu how to fill new added space:

1) with primary color

2) with secondary color

3) with empty pixels

With "Remember last settings" mode. Means if Paint.Net will be restarted, then last used option will be automatically selected.

Something like that:

PaintNet.png

Thanx a million in advance!

Alexey

3 hours ago, Alexey said:

Very often I work with many images at the same time. When I have finished with one group, I need to close them all and open new group of images. There is an option "Save All" but there is no option "Close All".

Click on the first thumbnail.
Hold down the Ctrl+W key so that the keypress repeats.
The windows will close in rapid succession.

The background fill when expanding the canvas size is something I've long had in the back of my mind -- right now it'll fill with the secondary color if it's the "background" layer (which is only ever the first layer that was created with a new image, you can't actually tell if it's the case). Otherwise, it fills with transparent. I may add this for v4.4.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg