TGA files

Tatsumi7886
Go to solution Solved by Rick Brewster,

Hy everyone, I'm new on this forum, I've been having some trouble working with tga files with paint.net. I'm working with 3D models that use this format for its textures and I want to edit them, but its kind of annoying that I've to use TGA viewer to export the tga images one by one as a png to edit them properly with paint.net. I'd like to know if there is anyway to avoid this.

(The first image is how it looks right after te extraction from the game and the second one after converting it to png)

1.PNG

2.PNG

It appears that your 1st image as low opacity (some level of transparency)

When saving as a PNG image you will have to select a 'Bit Depth' of 32 bits in the 'Save Configuration / Settings'  to maintain transpareny.

When you save as 24 bit PNG you get the same possibilty of clors as an JPG but no Alpha Channel

The Alpha Channel (an additional 8 bit multiplier to handle transparency of RGB color depth) is supported in the 32 bit PNG

Edited by HyReZ

• Solution

It looks like the TGAs are being saved with transparency -- so this is an issue with your exporting software. Paint.NET is doing the right thing.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 4:32 AM, Rick Brewster said:

It looks like the TGAs are being saved with transparency -- so this is an issue with your exporting software. Paint.NET is doing the right thing.

That must be it, It makes sense, I'll see if I can fix it, thank you