Sign in to follow this  
HELEN

Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I just have to say how awesome your work is, Helen!  I'm loving the new pieces.  I have to echo what Welsh said: your work never gets old!

• Upvote 1

@Dryda: Feel free to have some. :) Thank you!

@Welsh: I feel the same about your work, Welsh. Thank you and thank you! :)

@Oceana: I appreciate your lovely compliments. *hugs*

@Seerose: I'm happy you visited my gallery and gave such a great review! Thank you!

@Red: Thank you for your kind comments, Red. I truly appreciate it!

By the way, this latest piece (gold wrench) is a project I did for the General Cable company. Enjoy!

That's one fine-looking golden wrench you have made - wish I had one for my work around the house :D .  I did comment (I hope) on DA about your beautiful fruits and would like to say again, that they are amazing B) .

@Seerose: I'm happy you visited my gallery and gave such a great review! Thank you!

@HELEN: This is not only a compliment, but the truth. wt7suwk6.gif

Echoing what I said last time ... the Midas Touch. In your case all that glitters is the proverbial  ;)

A great looking adjustable spanner ... I'd be scared to use it ... 

Wow Helen,love the gold wrench.  You the handyman of the family?    :D   My sister is in hers,lol. 

I forgot to mention that I love the berries,they look almost ready to eat.   :)

Edited by skullbonz

You do some really nice work. I also checked out your gallery on DeviantART. I've got a gallery on that site. User name is Bakerdezign. I use opensource / free software,cause,I don't have the funds for the commercial stuff,and,I've used paint.net the most at the moment.

@Pixey: Oh, thank you so much! I don't think I'd ever use a golden wrench for handyman work...it would be hanging around my neck and nobody would touch it. :D

@Goon: Thanks, Goon. The company enjoyed it very much and made a bunch of copies of it.

@Drew: I had to skew the text in PS, but the rest was done in Paint.NET. I was actually going to create it in Illustrator, but heck, it was so much easier in PDN. Thank you, by the way.

@Seerose: Well, I thank you again. :)

@Daniels: Gradients are a magical tool. Thank you!

@Welsh: Oh, Welsh, that's too kind. :)

@Skull: I'm not the handyman of the family, but I helped my dad for many years with carpentry. I do a lot of work around the house. And thanks for liking the berries, too. You can always have some. :)

@jay: Thanks for taking a look at my gallery here and on DA.

Edited by HELEN

Once again Helen a beautifully shiny orb. Love the colour and the way the particles are lit up at the bottom. Shadows and reflections are great. Well done.

Another beautiful, glossy, shiny image by @Helen - @QueenGlossy.  Perfect colours - which are my favourites and the shine is divine  :) .

Beckoning Light  (or the orange glossy ball as others have referred to it)  looks real nice Helen.

Crisp with just the right amount of fade/blur. I especially like the particles or sparkles scattered in the sphere. Because there's no discernible light source I'm willing to accept the random reflections as part of the "luster" of the image.

I do feel however that they gray outline is perhaps unnecessary and detracts a tad from the otherwise realistic feel of the pic. But in any case, that's a matter of interpretation and the vision behind the product.

In short, well done indeed my dear

B)

Lovely work as usual Helen! I have said it often - your work is just magical. The colour combinations are wonderful. I can see this as part of a larger image in one of the children's books. :P

@Goon: Thanks, Goon. I wasn't sure how to make the dispersed effect seem more realistic, so I tested out different methods for creating that effect. 

@Pixey: Sometimes when I create glossies, I keep in mind that not all like the warmer colors like pinks and purples, but for this one, I started with a warm color and didn't do any color changes. 

@Daniels: So glad you like that!

@johnnysdream: I'm honored that you like it. :)

@Spectre: You know when you create something and it's bugging you because that one little detail is messing things up even if not all care much about it? Well, the outline was bugging me. I am going to fix it when I get home. I appreciate your lovely comments. Thank you!

@barbie: Life's already tough, so why not create something magical with art? :) Thank you.

@Spectre: I edited the file...I appreciate your lovely comments. Thank you!

Indeed you did and personally I'm glad you felt the same way about the outline as I find the revised version flawless. And you're quite welcome my dear. Commenting your art is a pleasure B)

Beckoning Light  is another stunning work from you Helen. Gloss and more gloss, I'm gonna need to wear sunglasses B) browsing your gallery soon. Amazing things you do with pdn, always a pleasure to view your works :)