Sign in to follow this  
HELEN

Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

You say Candyland Dream ... my darkside says Diabetic Nightmare ...

A double whammy of sweetness ... the idea and execution ... and good enough to grace any kids book.

Absolutely awesome work Helen - the cookies making the path, the jellies all lined up, the humbug porthole, the lollies like trees ... in fact so much goodness how can sweets possibly be bad for you ?

It's a mouth-watering temptation I must resist. >___>

Colorful and very sweet. I wouldn't be able to live in a house like that. :]

That house looks very sweet! - professional quality illustration. Congrats on the recent Galleria entry too. Keep up the good work!

@Daniels: Sometimes games can even have a good impact on you that you play as a child. I don't know why, but whenever I played CandyLand, I always felt like I was IN the game, you know? It was very interesting for me. I love making images bright and cheerful because life isn't always so. Thank you.

@Drew: Be my guest and enjoy a piece of dessert. :) I appreciate your lovely comment.

@barbie: Maybe it can be our summer house. :) I believe I had 50+ layers, which surprisingly, wasn't that much. It took me about a day and half to do. Glad my images can make you happy. *hugs*

@Welsh: I got the sweet tooth from my dad I think because my mother doesn't like sweets as much as I do. I would one day love to illustrate a book with maybe a Candyland. I truly appreciate your kind words always, Welsh. You're my longest supporter and I feel great that you still find my work worthy enough to look at. :)

@Beta: I found myself submerged in this image because it made my my mouth water, as well. :) Thank you so much!

@matt: Thanks, matt. This was a project that I wanted to work on I believe when I first started using PDN, so it was a while ago.

@Red Ochre: I was surprised that another image was sent to the Galleria. It's an honor. :) So happy you like my candy house. Knowing how great of an artist you are, I'm humbled by your words. :)

I truly appreciate your kind words always, Welsh. You're my longest supporter and I feel great that you still find my work worthy enough to look at. :)

It's always easy to say kind things because it's the truth.  When I see you've updated your gallery, it's like a rush because you just know it's going to be good  brilliant.  The WOW Factor.

You're one of my loyalest fans here, and I'm humbled to have that support 

• Upvote 2

Sorry Helen late again. I have to agree with everything that is said above. Your art like your character is beautiful. Congratulations on the Galleria entry,well deserved.

• Upvote 1

@Welsh: *hugs*

@Skull: No need to apologize. The fact that you comment in my gallery is already support whether it's at an earlier time or later. :)

@AFG: I was actually smiling when I was drawing this candyhouse. Ahhh...so many childhood memories went in the candyhouse image. Thanks!

Helen, I love the background too as much as the ice cubes & the can. Great theme & some fabulous outcomes. Your images always put a smile on my face :D

• Upvote 1

Ice ice baby ...

The best ice I've ever seen on here or dA that's PDN made.  Stunning.  As is the the way you've made the cans.  To make something believable is the sign of a real PDN artist and you always capture it.

Beautiful stuff and you added a background that just ties in and does everything else justice.  Awesome

• Upvote 1

@barbie: You know how you're afraid to start on an image because you don't know if you can make it come out the way you intended it to be? Well, this was the case for this one. I not only wanted to enter this into the SOTW competition, but my doubts of creating ice was pretty big, so it sort of pushed me to try this ice-making challenge I wanted to try out a while ago. I'm glad you like this, barbie.

@Beta: Thanks. I'm glad you thought so. I intended it to be that way. :)

@Drew: The can wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I really appreciate your lovely words, Drew.

@Welsh: I give all the credit, well, most credit to brad.pike for writing a water tutorial here in PDN. I was looking for some tips on creating realistic ice. I opened up a PS tut and also took some ideas. Basically, I created the texture, ran S3D, and then liquified the edges of the ice cubes to give it that melting feel. And also, thank you so much for your compliments. Really. It's an honor. :)

Love the cans, love the ice, love the background. It all fits together perfectly.Great work from a great artist.

Good luck in the SotW.

@Welsh: I give all the credit, well, most credit to brad.pike for writing a water tutorial here in PDN. I was looking for some tips on creating realistic ice. I opened up a PS tut and also took some ideas. Basically, I created the texture, ran S3D, and then liquified the edges of the ice cubes to give it that melting feel. And also, thank you so much for your compliments. Really. It's an honor. :)

You've also got to give yourself a lot of credit for looking at the tuts and running with them to make your own thing to make something so totally cool (pun intended)

- it's a privilege for us all to view your work - so the honour is all ours.  

Just a shame more people don't show it

I love the cubes, Helen! And the can is really good too. Mine (that I didn't enter :) ) didn't come out anywhere near as good. I'm gonna have to start looking at PS tutorials too :)

Helen - what a gem .... I'd buy one anytime and it's definitely a 'winner' :)

Helen, you have made a very realistic and clean image there, I love the colours on the cans and the background, the ice is really well made too. :) 

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for all your lovely comments...AFG, Pixey, Sasha, Matt, and DarkShock. :)

I know that DarkShock already posted the sig a few days ago, but I only had a chance to post this right now. A collab between DarkShock and myself--a great artistic experience.