Sign in to follow this  
HELEN

Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

I can't thank all of you enough for stopping by and commenting on "Lonely Orb."

Thanks to: Lance, qyler, dug, barbie, welsh, sokagirl, and Aislin. :)

My next piece was inspired by an Illustrator tutorial that I mentioned on DA.

Edited by HELEN
  • Upvote 1

Very nice gallery. Your glassy works are superb You have you own recognisable "cartoonish" style that brings a smile on my face :). The Simplicity image just stole my heart. looking forward to see more of your work

I'm loving your works, HELEN. Starry Hoops is an absolutely lovely piece, with lots to guide the eye around. And you are a master at rendering shiny things!

Lonely Orb for some reason looks to me like it would be right at home on an old Journey album cover. I love the contrast between the orange the blue, almost like a conflict between fire and ice.

Both strong pieces in an impressive gallery.

Helen - Starry Hoops is truly captivating, with a great choice of colors and the wow factor of the glossy orb is off the charts. Another exceptional piece to add to your masterful works.

@RockandRoll: Awww...that was so sweet of you to say that. I mentioned to barbie how hard it is to make simple images rather than more detailed ones. I really appreciate your words.

@yellowman and delpart: Thanks you two. A great compliment coming from both of you.

@RedBeard: Oh, gosh. Shiny and glossy is something I fell in love with when I first started using PDN in 2007. I really like what you described regarding the Lonely Orb. Thank you.

@barbie: I really like your idea of dancing fairies. Thanks, barbie.

@NinjaManDan: Thank you so much! I envy you in a good way. Enjoy your time there.

@Jaxon: I can't take all the credit of the idea as another person put it out there in Illustrator, but making it my own was such a pleasure. Thank you for saying those kind words!!!

@dug: I was hoping the hoops really gave it a hypnotizing look to it. Thanks, dug.

Again, thanks to you ALL!

Helen..... your work still amazes me. Took a short journey through your gallery of older work..... and all I can say is WOW, you still amaze me with your talent. Amazing the stuff you have created!

• Upvote 1

Starry Hoops ... I swear it's sending pulses of energy through my screen ;)

Such a vibrant piece Helen. Reminds me a lot of a rose and just as beautiful. The shape of the reflection really adds to it

A sign of the great artist you are ...

• Upvote 1

@zookey: Glad you browsed through my gallery. I deleted my way older works, but I still have them on a Web site that never got finished. Thank you for your nice words.

@jim: Good. I was aiming to create something "magical." Thanks, Jim. :)

@Welsh: Maybe it really is sending pulses. Who knows. :) Sometimes keeping things simple is the way to go. Glad you like it, Welsh!

@Aislin: Really? That's so cool. I guess Welsh was right. It really is sending pulses through the screen. Thanks!

@Pipp: Yep. I'm still here and creating works. You should come here more often. Missed you!

EDIT: This next piece was done for an Interactive Game. Due to a deadline, I will be creating another project and an animator will take over. Mostly done in PDN.

Edited by HELEN

Yes Drydareelin, that baby is so cute, really awesome work.

The living room is very nice, you know me, I am so fan of 3D art, I like the perspective and colors, I rarely watch TV, so that spot is perfect to me, lol, I like the flowers, too, well, I think I like every thing in it, great details HELEN.

What an amazing room - so inviting and warm B) I'd visit anytime!

Fantastic.

As I said to Dug on his MoonBeam image ... when I first saw it, I thought ... Perspectives. After having proper time to look at it again, I think they add to the overall image. So much depth and detail ...

... I'm glad your work is generating work ;):)

Edited by welshblue

@Ninja...: Thanks. I appreciate your comments. I only wish to get better and better, but there won't be enough years on Earth to be perfect.

@barbie: In order to draw something detailed, you need a lot of patience (like most already know). Thanks for the encouraging words, barbie.

@Drydareelin: Lots of blurring and experimenting. I actually drew the baby freehand by looking at a photo reference and then scanning the image in and working from there.

@yellowman: I know. Your 3D work is just stunning, so it's an honor to hear that from you. Glad you like the details--they weren't very easy to add.

@Goon: Thanks, Goon. There's this saying that we have in our family, "You can't mess up your porridge with too much butter." Thanks.

@Nanette: Sure. Any time. You're always welcome. Well, anyone is. :)

@Welsh: I keep mentioning that perspective is my secret enemy, but a challenge is always good. Thanks, Welsh. I appreciate your encouragement.

Latest piece: Glossy icons made for a client. Since I created a different set, I decide to post these up. All made in PDN.

@Ninja...: Thanks. I appreciate your comments. I only wish to get better and better, but there won't be enough years on Earth to be perfect.

That's what the New Heaven and New Earth are for silly