Sign in to follow this  
HELEN

Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

M-m-m-mindblowing. I just love how in The Golden Touch the mouse is seamlessly integrated to the rest of the picture. Your glossy/3D shapes are just fascinating otherwise.

A HUGE thank you to : ninjaman, welshblue, barbieq, dug, jim, llke, and Ahmed. I keep your suggestions in mind, so don't think I'm ignoring you. I liked making "Golden Touch" and it was a little challenging, but reading all your responses, I'm glad I did a photo manip.

@Ahmed: I think there's a tutorial written by someone else (csm725):

HERE

Edited by HELEN

Greetings Helen,

I just finished view your work I was especially impressed with your style in the production of "Simplicity:" I am trying to get a simailar style for some backgrounds and settings for an animated short that I have been developing. I am still working on the characters as SVG files. Is there a tutorial somewhere to guide me?

Peace,

APMauldin

" HyReZ "

First, thank you for your kind words. :) Second, I'm not sure if there's a tutorial on this type of style in PDN. The reason why this image was named "Simplicity" because that's what it exactly is. I used circles for the trees and the bushes as well as clouds, I freehand drew the grass, and for the hills, I created the shapes using the line tool-- filled the shape with one color, selected it, and then added a gradient (I did the same thing for the taller blades of grass in front). To tell you the truth, a lot of my inspiration comes from vector-style work. So, I'm pretty sure you'll find some quick tutorials from Illustrator on how to do a similar style.

@Jaxon: As long as they look like flowers, I'm all set. Thank you for your kind words. Again, the flowers were edited in PDN, but were originally a fractal made in Mandelbulb by Patty. The rest was done in Paint.NET.

Oh Helen I am pleased that you are still in contact with Patty & that she is still doing her artwork.

What a brilliant image from the start image. I love the way you used it & the bright colours. Patty's work was so different to anything else on here. Well done to both of you!

@Jaxon: As long as they look like flowers, I'm all set. Thank you for your kind words. Again, the flowers were edited in PDN, but were originally a fractal made in Mandelbulb by Patty. The rest was done in Paint.NET.

Ok, now I'm really impressed after finding out what a Mandelbulb is. Awesome flowers Helen.

A new hybrid ... I can see both mentioned varieties in there :)

Love the texture of the vase and the way you've thrown the shadow. Excellent job of using the fractal. The vase doesn't seem to sit quite right tho' :| Or it could be my eyes ...

Is Patty back permanently ? I remember reading she was gone for a while

Amazing collab.I think the light and shadows are just right, mixed with your usual subtle colours.Nice still-life.I have to go with hydrangeas thou.

Thanks again, Jaxon.

@ninja...: It's very nice of you to say that.

@barbie: Her work is different and it's great to see that on the forums. It's so interesting what PDN can do to a fractal. :)

@Welsh: Your eyes are fine, the bottom of the vase IS a bit off. I think Patty is back permanently, btw, just on DA. Thank you.

@dug: Keeping everything simple was a little challenging, but I think I managed not to overdo it. Hydrangeas or carnations, they're both flowers.

Lonely Orb: The warm, almost hot orange just fits perfectly with the chilly blue.A wee bit of a change from the subtle, pastel colours you use.Nice one.

All the best for the New Year. :)

I don't think it's lonely - there's too much great stuff around it keeping it company :)

Truly beautiful Helen. I don't think you could have chosen better colours to compliment each other. Love that blue, the whole textured look of it. The orb inspired my latest project :D