Sign in to follow this  
HELEN

Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

Everything about this screams quality.

The smudging is top drawer, the colours epitomise spring

... I don't like cats but even I had to go aaawww that's cute. :wink:

Man what's with you? You don't like cats and you don't like spiders...... :lol::lol: Gotcha!

Helen, I commented on the fanatics forum and in the realistic thread that I think this is your best piece yet. I nominated it for the Galleria! So very well done! One of the best pics on the entire forum. And I like cats, I just don't have one anymore, too many dogs and parrots!

Everything about this screams quality.

The smudging is top drawer, the colours epitomise spring

... I don't like cats but even I had to go aaawww that's cute. :wink:

Man what's with you? You don't like cats and you don't like spiders...... :lol::lol: Gotcha!

ahhh, but I like Possums :wink:

Thank you all. I'm really sorry for not posting anything, but I was busy with the book. I finally found some time and posted something new. :)

Helen, they're very pretty. It was worth the wait.

I love the patterns on the orbs - very unusual but they work very well.

Nice soft colours & glossy.

Well done!

@barbie: Glad you like them. The unusual patterns are just a touch of something a little different--life needs a little change. :wink:

@sokagirl: I'm glad my work brought this joy. :P

@ImAnOwl: Thanks for the comment and for visiting.

@Possum: Glossy, glossy, glossy is what I like. Oh wait...I think you know that. :wink:

what do you meen by new update for Oma, your Oma?... :S but anyway some nice pieces in there and i like your signature, tho the leatters are a bit off :S :lol::D

@csm: Thanks. :P

@ImAnOwl: This is for oma, oma. The woman who's a prodigy in PDN. I made it for her and her husband. He's ill. Glad you like my sig, too. :)

@pyrochild: :wink:

@chrisco: I had a reference image I worked from, but it's all PDN. I wanted to make something cuddly and cute.

Oh I know Oma is going to love it , I know I would .. Such a lovely piece brings warmth and a sile to anyone who see's it . Amazing job Helen . ^_^

I couldn't agree more with what Sokagirl said. It truly gladens the heart.

I'm not taking my images down, so I will just add the latest image to the last page I commented on.

Thank you barbieq and sokagirl for commenting on both forums and even DA. Your words are encouraging. :)

Edited by HELEN

OMG Helen...how do you DO that??? Its just.. well.. just..incredible :thumbs-up:

regards j.d.

@barbieq: Thank you for your nice comments! The words you used describe the things I like.

@welshblue: I'm glad the designs made you feel the way they did.

@csm725: :mrgreen: Thanks!

@j.d. melek: I had to search through the web for some ideas. I used the Windings font, made the layers transparent and then added gloss. Thank you!

It's crazy ... great new work posted and no comments  :/  A sure fire way to stop a great artist posting their work here ...

Awesome new piece Helen, I can't decide which is my favourite one.   They all jump out of the screen

@barbieq: Thank you for your nice comments! The words you used describe the things I like.

@welshblue: I'm glad the designs made you feel the way they did.

@csm725: :mrgreen: Thanks!

@j.d. melek: I had to search through the web for some ideas. I used the Windings font, made the layers transparent and then added gloss. Thank you!

hi Helen, your gallery is full of beautiful art, and I espcially love your " glass work's"

you mentioned that you add "gloss" to your work, am I missing something..? :/

how do you add "gloss" ?

I'm sorry if this is a "stupid" question, but I have been trying various suggestions and just cant seem to achieve

the "gloss" effect that you seem to have perfected.

thanks.

regards j.d.

This "gloss" that I'm talking about are highlights. And no, that's not a stupid question. These highlights are best added when you finish an image. I like drawing in these shapes (highlights) with the line tool set to a thicker line like 6-7px. Did you have a chance to look through my tutorial "Glossy Galaxy Ball?" I basically create all my "glossy" work that way.