Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

• 3 weeks later...

It's no secret you're quickly becoming the goddess of glossies not just the queen ;)

I would have to agree with this. All your art is so marvelous! I especially love your Inner Glow, it could be used like a c4d behind a render!! Splended!;)

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if I commented on the Secrets one but it is a stunner! Your works have that magical quality that dreams are made of. When I look at your images I am always filled with same feeling that I got when I first read books as a child, full of wonder, fantasy & excitement. Well done Helen!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A HUGE thank you to : ninjaman, welshblue, barbieq, dug, jim, llke, and Ahmed. I keep your suggestions in mind, so don't think I'm ignoring you. I liked making "Golden Touch" and it was a little challenging, but reading all your responses, I'm glad I did a photo manip.

@Ahmed: I think there's a tutorial written by someone else (csm725):

HERE

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Greetings Helen,

I just finished view your work I was especially impressed with your style in the production of "Simplicity:" I am trying to get a simailar style for some backgrounds and settings for an animated short that I have been developing. I am still working on the characters as SVG files. Is there a tutorial somewhere to guide me?

Peace,

APMauldin

" HyReZ "

First, thank you for your kind words. :) Second, I'm not sure if there's a tutorial on this type of style in PDN. The reason why this image was named "Simplicity" because that's what it exactly is. I used circles for the trees and the bushes as well as clouds, I freehand drew the grass, and for the hills, I created the shapes using the line tool-- filled the shape with one color, selected it, and then added a gradient (I did the same thing for the taller blades of grass in front). To tell you the truth, a lot of my inspiration comes from vector-style work. So, I'm pretty sure you'll find some quick tutorials from Illustrator on how to do a similar style.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Jaxon: As long as they look like flowers, I'm all set. Thank you for your kind words. Again, the flowers were edited in PDN, but were originally a fractal made in Mandelbulb by Patty. The rest was done in Paint.NET.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Oh Helen I am pleased that you are still in contact with Patty & that she is still doing her artwork.

What a brilliant image from the start image. I love the way you used it & the bright colours. Patty's work was so different to anything else on here. Well done to both of you!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Jaxon: As long as they look like flowers, I'm all set. Thank you for your kind words. Again, the flowers were edited in PDN, but were originally a fractal made in Mandelbulb by Patty. The rest was done in Paint.NET.

Ok, now I'm really impressed after finding out what a Mandelbulb is. Awesome flowers Helen.