Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

It's been a while that I posted here, but I felt so bad abandoning this place. I will try to update this place once in a while. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your lovely comments. The latest pieces are projects that I did not too long ago. The Christmas one was a card that I did and the red-haired girl is a character from the books I illustrated. The falcon is actually a mascot for an elementary school.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Oh I love the Christmas one so much. That little red haired girl looks like she might be quite the character. I wonder who you based her on?

the mascot is very cheeky as barbie says.

great work nice to see you posting here once in awhile. I actually follow you more over on DA and PDN fanatics (look but don't often leave many comments, as when I do get around to actually looking at the galleries is about a month after your posts, just say I'm a bit behind)

ciao OMA

I agree with everyone else, amazing job with both!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all very much.

@barbie: I actually received my own drawing as a Christmas card--that's what it was meant to be. Thank you!

@oma: The character idea (red hair, big eyes, open mouth, small body) is from a French website for kids. Chifa's personality, however, was based on both the authors' ideas.

@welshblue: Thank you. The Christmas card is 90% Paint.NET and the rest (shadows) was done in TBR Pro. The mascot was what I did for free for a person in North Carolina.

@chrisco: Thank you. Glad you like 'em.

@Heat Stroke: Thank you! :)ith the marketing in the future.

@blackpenny: The girl's personality is cute, too. She's outgoing, adventurous, etc. I hope she becomes more known to kids.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Helen, that is kinda bizarre - getting your own drawing but also a huge compliment!

Spider is great & this is what I said on Fans:

Well done on the spider. I like the shape of his legs. Very smooth & glossy. The yellow tips on his legs work great. He has great depth too with the darker legs at the back. Not overly keen on the yellow balls for his thorax & head. They remind me of lawn bowls. The reflection is well done & I like the spider web very much.

Definitely the cutest spider I have seen, ever!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

as noted on Fans, I just love the Simple Elegance. It has lovely shapes & colours. The reflection & gloss is great. I like the little bit of a pattern in the colour part. They remind me of some vases that have like a clear bit in that shape. They are very elegant!

Love seeing your glossies & they usually come in a variety of colours. I really like that B)

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I really enjoyed seeing your art back on here Helen ! Being a bird loving person, this one caught my eye. http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/hlnl56/falcon2aa.png

That is so fantastic ! Did you make this as a logo for someone? It's so professional !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely pictures Helen! You know I always like them! :)

Been a while since i was a active drawer. Now I don't have the time to be drawing 10 pictures every day.

Have work + computer fixes, programming, music creations. And a life to catch :)

U2l6xrt.png

@Stone85: The reflection was a little difficult to do because I need a 3D program for that, but I did what I could. Thank you.

@DarkShock: I missed you on this forum. It's my fault I haven't been here in a while. Glad you still like my work. Thanks.

@Goon: Awww...thanks. That was nice of you! :)

@barbie: When I was doing this piece, the shapes also reminded me of vases. I can't make up my mind with what colors to go with, so I usually post three different ones.

@chrisco: Thanks, buddy.

@heatstroke: Thank you! Not always easy to create something "simple."

@Possum: I'll try to go here more often. It was a logo made by someone else (the head part only) and I had to put the bird on roller skates.

@JulioCoolio: There's a lot of work that I made. You can also follow me on DA. Thanks.

@mero: Thanks!

@AmadeusX: Oh my gosh! I haven't talked to you in a while! Enjoy what you do, but don't forget about PDN. I know that you created very nice works with it.

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

WOW! Great update! The letters and plants are so well done! Amazing how 3D they look!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.