Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

@barbie: Glad you like them. The unusual patterns are just a touch of something a little different--life needs a little change. :wink:

@sokagirl: I'm glad my work brought this joy. :P

@ImAnOwl: Thanks for the comment and for visiting.

@Possum: Glossy, glossy, glossy is what I like. Oh wait...I think you know that. :wink:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@csm: Thanks. :P

@ImAnOwl: This is for oma, oma. The woman who's a prodigy in PDN. I made it for her and her husband. He's ill. Glad you like my sig, too. :)

@pyrochild: :wink:

@chrisco: I had a reference image I worked from, but it's all PDN. I wanted to make something cuddly and cute.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Oh I know Oma is going to love it , I know I would .. Such a lovely piece brings warmth and a sile to anyone who see's it . Amazing job Helen . ^_^

I couldn't agree more with what Sokagirl said. It truly gladens the heart.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not taking my images down, so I will just add the latest image to the last page I commented on.

Thank you barbieq and sokagirl for commenting on both forums and even DA. Your words are encouraging. :)

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@barbieq: Thank you for your nice comments! The words you used describe the things I like.

@welshblue: I'm glad the designs made you feel the way they did.

@csm725: :mrgreen: Thanks!

@j.d. melek: I had to search through the web for some ideas. I used the Windings font, made the layers transparent and then added gloss. Thank you!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 3 weeks later...

@barbieq: Thank you for your nice comments! The words you used describe the things I like.

@welshblue: I'm glad the designs made you feel the way they did.

@csm725: :mrgreen: Thanks!

@j.d. melek: I had to search through the web for some ideas. I used the Windings font, made the layers transparent and then added gloss. Thank you!

hi Helen, your gallery is full of beautiful art, and I espcially love your " glass work's"

you mentioned that you add "gloss" to your work, am I missing something..? :/

how do you add "gloss" ?

I'm sorry if this is a "stupid" question, but I have been trying various suggestions and just cant seem to achieve

the "gloss" effect that you seem to have perfected.

thanks.

regards j.d.

This "gloss" that I'm talking about are highlights. And no, that's not a stupid question. These highlights are best added when you finish an image. I like drawing in these shapes (highlights) with the line tool set to a thicker line like 6-7px. Did you have a chance to look through my tutorial "Glossy Galaxy Ball?" I basically create all my "glossy" work that way.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

This "gloss" that I'm talking about are highlights. And no, that's not a stupid question. These highlights are best added when you finish an image. I like drawing in these shapes (highlights) with the line tool set to a thicker line like 6-7px. Did you have a chance to look through my tutorial "Glossy Galaxy Ball?" I basically create all my "glossy" work that way.

Thanks a million Helen :mrgreen: I'm working on it at the moment..

I shall let you know how I get on. =O

regards j.d.

@J.D.: I don't usually visit this forum any more. I took most of my work out from here as well because only a certain number of images is allowed, but I really want to see your results. :D

@Frontcannon: There were more pages, but in this new forum things have changed. I miss putting my work here, but the # is limited. Thanks for your kind words.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Love the summer one - you worked on Summer & I worked on Autumn? What a scream!

I love this bright happy image. The basket is just gorgeous! The reflections & putting a night sky behind the flowers is a brilliant idea. The flowers remind me of crysanthemums. WELL DONE!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Have I not posted on Summer Magic? Sorry Helen for taking so long.sEm_oops.gif

I think it`s a lovely pic. Nice and colourful. Although I do think it would look nicer and even more summery if you had a sunny background instead of a night time one. And are those a couple of stars I can see showing through the wicker basket? Apart from that I think it`s a peach. ;)

Oh sorry - it`s a picture!sHa_hyper.gif

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN