Sign in to follow this  
HELEN

Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

I wanted to try out the airbrush technique, so I drew this rose. I know the squiggles in the back are not that great, but please disregard that. The main focus is on the rose. I was trying it out for another graphic I'm working on.

^^I have trouble making things not blury. :? Sometimes it's just too hard and time consuming, but I did take your advice on my autumn wallpaper. :)

What a beautiful gallery. It was a pleasure to see.

Thanks Janettsue! I'm glad you looked through it!

@zzz92: I'm glad you gave me the tip!

I love that one, too. Took me a while to do it, though. lol. I love subtle colors sometimes. I saw it one photoshoptalent.com and tried to do the same thing. Thank you so much.

I finally got a chance to look at your gallery. Your stuff is great. I really like the goldfish, makes me wanna eat him! I really like the lady bugs too. :)

Typos are evil. Somehow I managed to completely miss a sentence. Its now more coherent!

It could be the shadow, but it's vector-style art, so the shadows are kind of sharp. lol.

EDIT: I fixed the two top grapes. They shouldn't be as dark now.

I actually drew one of the leaves with just a paintbrush tool and then copied and pasted the other one. The rest of the picture is with the line tool. Glad you liked it!

:shock: Wow, sailboat in moonlight is beautiful! I think I spent five minutes just looking at the details of the luminosity here and there. I'm generally a realism compulsive, but theres a few bedtime stories in that one.

how did you do the lighting in the leaves? It is outstanding. well, actually they're all nice, very clean, production quality. Do you use the glossies for something, or are they just fun?

GS

:shock: Wow, sailboat in moonlight is beautiful! I think I spent five minutes just looking at the details of the luminosity here and there. I'm generally a realism compulsive, but theres a few bedtime stories in that one.

how did you do the lighting in the leaves? It is outstanding. well, actually they're all nice, very clean, production quality. Do you use the glossies for something, or are they just fun?

GS

The sailboat wasn't originally my idea; the idea was from photoshop. But I mocked it by making it 100% PDN. The lighting took a while. I used fractals, dents, and then some blur. Obviously, I changed the Color Tint on the leaves, too.

The glossies I do just for fun, but at the same time, I might use them for a website. Glad you stopped by! :D

@ gOUJOSAMMA: That is so true. I was asked to make this slide and then I was like, I don't want to start this whole thing from scratch. So I decided I'd use one of my glossies as molecules. Glad you noticed. :wink: