Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

WOW. :shock:

That cottage should definitely be in the Galleria.

It shows how simple effects like lowering the brightness of the other side of the chimney can create a marvellous perspective that works. I also love the technique you used in the trees and in the bushes.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

@Kemaru and Goonfella: Oh I wish so!!! :P Thanks for the detailed compliments.

@Jedi: It feels blissful, doesn't it?

@Welshblue: I'm sorry to hear about your day, but I'm happy my image brightened it up for you. :P:P And yes, a cottage is on page two of my storybook, but it's a little different.

@Tramojo: Thanks!!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Yes, I used the paintbrush tool for about 90% of the image, meaning it was freehand. I used a bricks render to make the chimney and flower holders and hexagon render to make the cobblestones. It took me about 12 days to draw. Thank you for your nice words.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Yes, I used the paintbrush tool for about 90% of the image, meaning it was freehand. I used a bricks render to make the chimney and flower holders and hexagon render to make the cobblestones. It took me about 12 days to draw. Thank you for your nice words.

12 days!?! Might as well make a song called, "On the 1st Day of PDNing, Helen drew a chimney."

Good job with the Cottage.

Now, if we could all finish the song....

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

This is a truly amazing piece. I :shock: it. =)

This is a cool style, its like a mix of realism, painting and pointillism (Wiki this). Super stuff!

the only thing that bothers me, it the brick work, and the cobblestones are sort of give the piece some flat-ness, especially the bricks. I'd skew them, sort of to give those textures an isometric appearance. (hint: Madjik's Oblique). That would really make the piece just come together more. :D

Nonetheless , its an awesome piece.

*nominates for Galleria*

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

@Storm: :lol::lol: I always get a good laugh when you write something. But it DID take make 12 days, though.

@Minoeman: Nope, I drew trees close to the last days. :lol:

@LFC: I actually did use Madjik's oblique plugin and I skewed the bricks on the chimneys a bit, but they came out the way they did. Hey, and who said humans are flawless? :lol:

@Oma: I loved Kinkaid's paintings and glad that you visited. :P

@Chopperoad: Thanks. :P

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Well, I looked at Kinkade's picture from a calendar as a reference. I then went to PDN and drew it freehand by looking at the reference by using the painbrush tool 90% of the time. I think I scanned it in first and then went from there, but I used the scanned image as an outline. I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly. I'm glad she enjoys the piece. It makes me feel happy. :wink:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA