Fixing jagged line after rotating with preserving background?

wacher

What would be the best way to deal with this? Using brush comes to my mind, but it's very laborious, is there a better way? I saved it in jpg hoping compression would fix it, but it did little change.

j.PNG

I'm referring to the line that goes like this, you can see bits of lighter pixels, it's a bit more visible on the whole image since I posted just a small part, It's not that visible if you don't look for it, but still not clean work.

j.PNG

The line is where the new rotated background meets with old, preserved background during rotation, it leaves a visible line if you look closely, I marked it with black line on the second image.

w.PNG

• Upvote 1

It just looks like what you're moving into that location doesn't line up with what's already there. It doesn't mean the app is doing something wrong.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I think there is no intention of a bug report about the app :) OP is aware of this line is not a bug (I think).

He/She just asks how to make it invisible. 

image.png.1666c60e0a124789b212fc5ed339a628.png

Edited by otuncelli

Two things that might help are to make the edge of the pasted object somewhat jaggy and irregular, instead of being absolutely straight, and to apply BoltBait's Feather plugin to make the edge blend better with the background layer.

On 2/18/2022 at 10:30 AM, MJW said:

Two things that might help are to make the edge of the pasted object somewhat jaggy and irregular, instead of being absolutely straight, and to apply BoltBait's Feather plugin to make the edge blend better with the background layer.

More appropriate tool from this plugin seems to be Blur Selection Edge, too bad it only blurs inwards the selection and not both inwards and outwards, the effect could be a lot better.

10 hours ago, wacher said:

More appropriate tool from this plugin seems to be Blur Selection Edge, too bad it only blurs inwards the selection and not both inwards and outwards, the effect could be a lot better.

Plugins cannot write outside of the selection.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

12 hours ago, wacher said:

Run Blur Selection Edge, press Ctrl+I, and then Ctrl+F.

• Like 1

Duplicate the layer instead of preserving background, rotate the foreground layer, soften the edge with width 20 hardness 0 ish eraser, then marge them. I think this is the easiest.

If you still have the original image, set it as the background layer then use the eraser.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:25 AM, _koh_ said:

soften the edge with width 20 hardness 0 ish eraser, then marge them

How to do this? I see also that there are 14 different layer blending modes, I don't know which one would be best.

7 hours ago, wacher said:

How to do this? I see also that there are 14 different layer blending modes, I don't know which one would be best.

Just trace the edge with wide and soft eraser. It blurs the edge.

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/EraserTool.html

You can duplicate / marge layers in Layers Window,  and the normal blending layer just does fine.

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/LayersWindow.html