Bounty. $20 USD whomever writes this plugin.

It's been 9 years.

I don't need this function often, I STILL miss the ability to CTRL - DEL a file, within my graphics editor, in order to delete the file.

(Clearly, it would also close the file, clearly it would also prompt me, to confirm)

Anyone? Please.

1 hour ago, hamwizard said:

Anyone? Please.

That is not something that a plugin could do.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

On 2/13/2022 at 5:30 PM, toe_head2001 said:

1) Right-click on the image thumbail

2) Click on 'Open Containing Folder'

3) Press Delete on the keyboard

imagelistcontextmenu.png

Not ideal, not bad though :/

Wish I just had a hot key to nuke the file.

I won't deny, Paint.NET isn't a VIEWER - it's an editor, but when I know I need to edit, 45 out of 60 files and I know 12 I will just want to delete, I just open all 60 in the folder, and work as I go.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:32 PM, hamwizard said:

Not ideal, not bad though :/

Wish I just had a hot key to nuke the file.

I won't deny, Paint.NET isn't a VIEWER - it's an editor, but when I know I need to edit, 45 out of 60 files and I know 12 I will just want to delete, I just open all 60 in the folder, and work as I go.

What this means is, if I took 41 pics of my car to sell online and I just dump them all in Windows Desktop / Car pics

I can just open, all 41 pics in my editor, and fix them up right, just cycle through, fix up oh I just realised 11 of the pics are redundant / rubbish.  That's ok I can CTRL - DEL as i go 

Now, my remaining 30 files, are ALL good - when I go to upload the pics to my desired site, I can upload ALL PICS in the folder, without having to 'hunt and peck' through the good ones I fixed and the ones I don't like 

That's the key example - I find myself often at times working like this and it would be nice to just smoke them fast, /just like Paint Shop Pro 5/

Anyhow - right click locate / delete is ok (hot key for the right click locate at least?)  

Can someone do that? Write a plugin which will go to the current location of foreground file in explorer?  I'll pay $15 for that plugin 

"Locate file on disk hotkey plugin"

Seriously

<3

Thanks team.

Request a plugin all you like, that's fine, but please stop offering 1 hour of minimum wage pay for a plugin development, that's rather insulting. This forum is also strictly not a "for hire" board, so this is not appropriate anyway.

Plugins also can't do what you're asking for, as @null54 already pointed out.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg