autoscroll in Layers window

it would be nice if autoscroll up and down in the Layers window would be possible, when moving a layer up or down with the mouse. I understand that moving layers with the mouse is a new feature.  Assuming that autoscroll is available in dotnet, and if this is the case it would be not detailed work.

Three PS:

(a) in this dotnet context, why is Windows 8.1 no longer supported (or announced)? Is that dependent on future dotnet versions (because dotnet framework version 4 is available everywhere down to windows 7).

(b) Also in this Layers context, a command to show just one layer, or all layers, or instead of layer folders, layer sets, even if it is not easy to dream what would be most useful?

(c) And Off Context, I'm using Paint.Net since short, and I get good results from it. Its stability, besides functionality, is admirable.

Auto-scroll can be hard to get right, it’s easy to end up with an implementation that works fine for some but goes waaaaay too fast for others. So, I have been conservative with prioritizing something like that.

4.3.8 will be adding Layers -> Toggle Layer Visibility (Ctrl + comma). If that goes well I may add other similar commands (e.g. Show All, Show Only Current, …etc?)

Win8.1 still works fine. Win8 (“8.0”) is not supported, either by PDN or .NET (for a long time in fact). However, Win8.1’s time will be over soon — support for Win7, 8.1, and 32-bit x86 will be dropped soon (the app will not install or run). .NET 6 does technically support Win7 still, but only for enterprise customers who pay for extended support. It’s very difficult to get attention for .NET issues that only happen on Win7. Basically, it’s dead.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg