how to resize a line/curve?

I'd like to resize a straight line beeing drawn with the Line/Curve Tool, while still drawing, keeping it straight. (or move the starting and ending points, keeping the structure straight). Of course before committing the Line/Curve tool. How to Do?

Maybe the question also applies more generally to plain resizing when the line/curve is already curved, before committing.

Thanks.

(mentioned just in case:  I checked the documentation, at found moving, rotation, restricting to 15°, but not resizing, both in the Line/Curve tool section, and in the Keyboard/Mouse shortcuts section.)

Edited by Peter1

11 hours ago, Peter1 said:

I'd like to resize a straight line beeing drawn with the Line/Curve Tool, while still drawing, keeping it straight. (or move the starting and ending points, keeping the structure straight). Of course before committing the Line/Curve tool. How to Do?

Don't let go of the mouse button! Once you do, the control nubs are 'tacked' in place. Each then requires a click-and-drag operation to move it. If you want a straight line to remain straight, you'll have to try and accurately define both the start and end points with the first click-and-drag operation.

9 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Don't let go of the mouse button! Once you do, the control nubs are 'tacked' in place. Each then requires a click-and-drag operation to move it. If you want a straight line to remain straight, you'll have to try and accurately define both the start and end points with the first click-and-drag operation.

yes I noticed this and therefore opened the thread, you describe the actual behaviour, and tell that the documentation describes what is.

This could possibly be changed, to resize the actual curve, and to move the endpoints, and to straighten the Line/Curve by putting one or both of the inner control points back onto the Line (using modifier keys or otherwise). To preserve the work done already on the unfinished Line/Curve like as with all other unfinished Tools.

Imagine a large zoom factor. I place one point on one end, the other on another end of the canvas. Moving between the two corners and still making it precise.

Could there be a plugin for precise line drawing?

Edited by Peter1
modifier key mentioned.

15 hours ago, Peter1 said:

Could there be a plugin for precise line drawing?

ShapeMaker. There's a link in my signature.

On 2/7/2022 at 10:17 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

ShapeMaker. There's a link in my signature.

I'll go with either the Move tool, or the Rectangle tool. A straight line should be available as it seems like rectangles and ellipses are.  Hope that in the future a line will be in the tools, including move/resize/rotate all 3 of them, and modifier keys to the Line/Curve tool to remove curvature from a pending Line/Curve. Freehand precision - I've done SVG programming.