What can you do about Rudeness?

I have been using Paint.net since version 2.1 and have donated on several occasions to help defray the costs of development. I show up as a newbie now because I forgot my login info (getting old sucks!)  I used PdN occasionally in the past at my jobs in Architecture and Civil Engineering for miscellaneous image editing but now I am retired and doing hobby image and photography projects.

Until now I have been very happy with the software, but recently had a question about changing the default save format. I understand the technical reason for not saving to jpeg, but what I do not understand why it can't be changed by the user.  Is the developer so big-headed and almighty that his way is the only way?

So jpeg is lossy, big deal!  I create a save a file once, maybe edit it once more and done.  I'm just having fun.  I am disabled and I like things as streamlined as possible.

And since you closed the topic like a big baby so I could not respond with a  "Thank you for your time," l will no longer contribute to your little hobby.

@BoltBait was not being rude in his reply to you, nor was he acting "like a big baby." He was simply pointing you to the answer to your question. This question has been asked many times before, and has been answered many times, so you'll just have to accept that we don't want to spend the time it takes to write up a big lengthy personalized explanation yet again, or to relitigate a design decision I made 18 years ago that I am still completely content with. You can search the forum for your answers instead of getting mad and throwing a fit. Donating, while much appreciated, does not give you the right to be rude and insulting to us when something doesn't go the way you want. Just because you don't understand the reason behind a design decision does not mean that the person who made that decision is "big-headed and almighty."

So to answer your question, "what can you do about rudeness?" Well, I'm closing this topic, and if you bring this up again I'll just ban you. That's what we do about rudeness.

• Thanks 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg