French translation minor issue

Dear Paint.net team (and French translator),

There is a minor translation issue, about Layer management:

- "Move Layer to Top" should be translated to "Déplacer le calque tout en haut".

- "Move Layer to Bottom" should be translated to "Déplacer le calque tout en bas".

Translation should be applied both in Main menu and in Layer commands tooltips (see capture attached).

Capture.png

Are you sure about this translation?

This would make both "Move Layer Down" and "Move Layer to Bottom" would have the same translation.

"Move Layer Down" should indicate that the current layer would move down 1 layer in the layer stack.  Perhaps it should read "Déplacez le calque d'une position vers le bas."

"Move Layer to Bottom" should indicate that the current layer would be moved all the way down to the bottom of the layer stack.

Big difference.

Hello BoltBait,

Thank you for your answer.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding (the captures are the real ones as of today, not the translations I propose). So, I confirm that translations I propose are not the same : In french, "Déplacer le calque tout en bas" (Move Layer to Bottom) is different from "Déplacer le calque vers le bas" (Move Layer Down). The same as "Déplacer le calque tout en haut" (Move Layer to Top) is different from "Déplacer le calque vers le haut" (Move Layer Up).

And, as you said, it is a big difference 🙂 ! So I confirm my translations :

• "Move Layer to Top" should be translated to "Déplacer le calque tout en haut".
  • "Move Layer to Bottom" should be translated to "Déplacer le calque tout en bas".

("Move Layer Up" and "Move Layer Down" are correctly translated, and do not need to be changed)

Thank you.

E.

• 4 weeks later...

Dropping translation suggestions into the forum are less likely to receive attention than this method: