Wrong prejudices

Since I just had to experience it again: At least here in Germany there is the erroneous prejudice that Paint.net only exists as a paid version. Hence, many people refrain from using it. Even if I understand that a little money helps the developer, it might be helpful for the image of the product to point out more clearly that there is also a free version with the same scope of functions.

I know that already. That isn't enough. In my opinion there should be an Note in the Microsoft Store offer (I don't use the MS store so I don't know how it looks there).

Meanwhile many people don't use normal websites like "getpaint.net" and only crawling the MS store.

And BTW: The webdesign of getpaint.net is oldfashioned, cluttered and confusing. I have no problem with that, but the new generation does.

Edited by IRON67

26 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

That isn't enough. In my opinion there should be an Note in the Microsoft Store offer (I don't use the MS store so I don't know how it looks there).

a050.gif

There is a Note in the Microsoft Store 

If you buy Paint.NET in the Windows Store, you'll be supporting its development directly (normally we ask for a donation).

25 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

Meanwhile many people don't use normal websites like "getpaint.net" and only crawling the MS store.

And you know all "the many people ?" a0761.gif

Well, if there IS a Note in the store BEFORE you buy it, then it is fine.

And YES, I know a lot of people who consider PDN to be a product only for sale and therefore do not use it.

Addendum: I don't want to annoy anyone here. I am a big fan of PDN and I hope that it will be more successful and better known. And I think it also fails because of such little things.

So keep your emojis to yourself. I don't need it.

Edited by IRON67