importing files (not sure if this is the right board to place on)

I have been using the paint.net for a couple years as a hobby on my laptop.

I'm now wanting to use something more portable like a tablet and sketching app. I would like to be able to draw anywhere and then transfer it to paint.net when I got home to continue my work, Is there any suggestions, or is this not possible? I was looking at using sketchbook app which is a android app.

There are many ways of being able to do this. One way, (and the way I use) is through telegram. Telegram is actually a messaging app. It is available on pc and phone. It also allows you to send a message to yourself and access it on phone and pc. Telegram Link: https://telegram.org/ . Another way of doing this, which is is a bit more complicated, is through Discord. Discord does not allow you to send messages to yourself but you can create a server and just post things there. Discord Link: https://discord.com/ . 

Both of these ways are easy and good. I prefer Telegram, but both are basically the same. In both of them all you need is to upload the image.

Edited by Fixsel
typo lol

gsigline.png.ec83e47886c75fac1fb8ddc01cb0d92c.png

1 hour ago, Fixsel said:

One way, (and the way I use) is through telegram.

Totally overkill. Why would you use a messaging service just to transfer files to yourself?  Especially if you want to keep your files private?

Just transfer your files locally with a USB cable or Bluetooth.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

39 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Totally overkill. Why would you use a messaging service just to transfer files to yourself?  Especially if you want to keep your files private?

Just transfer your files locally with a USB cable or Bluetooth.

I 100% agree with you. Using a USB cable or Bluetooth is by far the easiest thing to use to transfer files. Using a USB is instant, using a app will take time to upload depending on your internet, while a cable with almost instantly put your files in a folder to use. I personally like using messaging apps because it is easy while on mobile to just upload a file real quick and then forget about it, it saves you the hassle later. I also use both of the mentioned apps all the time so I am kind of biased.

gsigline.png.ec83e47886c75fac1fb8ddc01cb0d92c.png

My interpretation is that Velkynn would like to use something other than PDN while working offline, and then use some import plugin to bring his work into PDN. I may be wrong, of course, I have been before!

Brian