Forum navigation bug?

Not sure where to ask but-

What happened to the forum navigation? I mean the home page. In the past, clicking on the latest posts of the subforums used to redirect you right there. It was quick and convenient. Now, it opens the FIRST post of the FIRST page of the thread. So you have to scroll down or type the page number and open it and scroll down. The only way out is going to Activity where the links to the latest posts still work (so far) but it was so much better when we could use both the subforums and the timeline for that too.

I have been away for a while and this new(?) bug/feature has probably been discussed already but I cannot find it. Just wonder if it can be fixed because I would give away all the ranks, badges and other cosmetic changes gladly to get the functionality back. :blank:

• Upvote 2

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

6 minutes ago, Vagabondi said:

In the past, clicking on the latest posts of the subforums used to redirect you right there.  ...  Now, it opens the FIRST post of the FIRST page of the thread.

Make sure your Settings for this are correct:

https://forums.getpaint.net/settings/links/

• Thanks 1
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 3

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• Pixey changed the title to (Solved) Forum navigation bug?
9 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Make sure your Settings for this are correct:

https://forums.getpaint.net/settings/links/

Well, I learned something new today - thanks @toe_head2001 😍

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

However personal settings are only relevant when logged in.

Could/should the default settings for all users be to go to the most recent post, as implied by the links in the 'Homepage/Topics with Recent Activity' column?

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

44 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

However personal settings are only relevant when logged in.

Could/should the default settings for all users be to go to the most recent post, as implied by the links in the 'Homepage/Topics with Recent Activity' column?

That would be great. I think anyone who actually prefers opening the first post (for whatever reason) can change the settings when logged in. It could be just another option but why default? Usually the latest one is what we check, right?

my gallery is  here

1 hour ago, Vagabondi said:

Not working from the home page again, even when logged in.

I noticed that as well.

On the home page you have to click the topic link to go to the latest post, the link that is located next to the poster's user name is invalid.

Fourm-link-bug.png

In the above screenshot the '15 minutes ago' link points to https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/118898-solved-forum-navigation-bug/?do=getLastComment}}.

The }} at the end of the link is not valid, and causes the forum software to jump to the first post.

This bug only occurs on the homepage.

• Upvote 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• Pixey changed the title to Forum navigation bug?
39 minutes ago, null54 said:

the link that is located next to the poster's user name is invalid

Yes, that is what I am about. In the past, it was valid and we could open the latest post by default - no matter if we were logged in or not. And clicking on the topic title was opening the topic from the start so we had two options.

I was wondering if the bug/feature could be controlled/fixed by the administrators from the admin panel. If it comes from the software and is out of reach, well. Let's call it a daylife. Thanks everyone.

my gallery is  here

• Pixey changed the title to (Fixed) Forum navigation bug?
  • Pixey changed the title to Forum navigation bug?
3 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

There is still an issue with locked threads.

I am trying to post this to Style Effect plugin thread

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/115802-style-transfer-effect/

That's not locked; you should be able to post a reply.

What happens when you attempt to post?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

@toe_head2001 This happens occasionally. Another member posts a comment and then I can post a comment. This happened today when @Rlemade a post to Color Harmonies. There are times when I try to post and nothing happens when I click on submit reply. I would say the next time it happens, I would send you a private message, but that has never proved to be possible. Nothing happens when I try to send a private message to alert an admin that the thread is blocked/locked/stuck. whatever you want to call it. @midora has experienced the same issue about a month ago. 

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

@toe_head2001 This happens occasionally. Another member posts a comment and then I can post a comment. This happened today when @Rlemade a post to Color Harmonies. There are times when I try to post and nothing happens when I click on submit reply. I would say the next time it happens, I would send you a private message, but that has never proved to be possible. Nothing happens when I try to send a private message to alert an admin that the thread is blocked/locked/stuck. whatever you want to call it. @midora has experienced the same issue about a month ago. 

Just now - go to @midora's profile, click on see their activity. It won't let me get past page 1 of his content. 

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

13 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

Just now - go to @midora's profile, click on see their activity. It won't let me get past page 1 of his content. 

After I a few minutes of playing with it, I was able to reproduce the issue.

The javascript is throwing a null exception. This is a bug Invision will need to fix.

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

bp-sig.png