Error 1603

Hello @Greg123 and welcome to the forum :)

Please try this tool: 

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed (microsoft.com)

and then try to install again.  I'd suggest from here:  https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

2 hours ago, Greg123 said:

No Idea Why tho

What is your computer system?  And are all of your Windows updates up-to-date?

Also, you can read through this as well: 

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I'm sure we'll get sorted soon 🤞

If you are sure the Tool I gave you cleaned up your computer, please try here:  https://github.com/paintdotnet/release/releases

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 3 weeks later...

just registered to say that i am getting the same exact issue on windows 7 64 bit. i ran the installer diagnostics tool several times and it told me it found no errors, though i havent tried deleting the paintnet folder i already had (the program previously updated and installed with no issues even if there already was another paintnet folder though)
i tried updating paint.net from version 4.2.10
the update installer from paint.net itself did not work, the installer downloaded from the official site did not work (including when using the more customized install option), the installer from github did not work. its completely unable to install from what i can tell. all it ends up installing is the Staging folder with a separate installer tool (?) in it, for some reason, and it creates new copies of that tool in this folder with each attempt to install

will this get fixed with the next paint.net update? 

1 hour ago, zelen said:

i havent tried deleting the paintnet folder i already had (the program previously updated and installed with no issues even if there already was another paintnet folder though)

Please run this, which will remove everything from before and then try to install it anew.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif