About my missing Print It-SOLVED

What shall I say, I stated more than once in the last months that the last decision on all things related to paint.net is on you. But this does not mean that we are sharing always the same opinion about sw development. And in addition if you don't like the idea behind OBL then this is fine.

Remember that I tried to contact you beginning of the year to discuss OBL related things and solutions but you were busy in moving to a new location and later with the 4.3 update.

OBL is a typical project which must be hosted on git to allow others to continue the work (in case of some kind of break 😉 ). But for this the base must be stable enough. That's the only reason for no ETA. I'm using it as a shared source project in the moment.

I see no easy solution for the plugins you removed (and there are many more sharing the same issue) and there is no proposal which fits to the current set of rules. Again we are talking about old stuff. I didn't publish something which doesn't follow the rules in the last 6 years.

As far as I remember all reflection related code has no effect to the workflow of users because it's inactive. It was only active on my computer. So if it breaks its just breaks on my computer. No issue for the users the plugin continues to work as before. No additional work on your side.

It was just easier to use one version of the plugins (instead of private variants) because there was no risk that users and me are using different variants.

In some way your are more relaxed in enhancements now than 6 years ago. I.e. I asked now to get access to the dpi value of the image and you added it. I asked this twice in the past and I was not able to get it. So I added reflection code in the inactive code area to extract it. But the plugins always asked the user to enter the dpi value. Just the inactive code skipped this request to improve my workflow.

Edited by midora

midoras signature.gif

After further analysis, I have determined that the reflection use is in fact fully gated behind a "hidden" configuration setting. I'd rather not break innocent people who depend on the PrintIt plugin, so I will reinstate the plugin download and remove the block from 4.3.3+, as that's only fair.

If OBL "isn't finished" yet, then perhaps plugins should not be published with it. I have seen other plugins that have copied your "PaintDotNetEx" class, so just because you've gated or hidden things doesn't mean you're not spreading this stuff around and are not responsible for it.

• Hugs 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg