Is there any way to change perspective of objects

Jellyboots

Is there any way that you can highlight a rectangle part of a picture and then squash it down on one side, to change the perspective?

This should be fairly easy, in terms of software, from my experience on my old BBCmicro(32k), in the 80s, and would be a really useful function.

In the program, hit Ctrl+Shift+Z. Trust me. :-)

Oh, and trust me also- Rick hates it when people assume that something is "easy." :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

thanks David!

Is the function accessible through the menus?

Yeah, I suppose that that would be irritating, to assume it would be easy; I was just thinking of a bit of squashing and warping of a window; but maybe even that would be difficult.

I was thinking of doing it in Basic, reading one window and transferring it into another using a grid of squashed squares that would fit into the squashed destination window. Still I suppose that some kind of colour blending would have to be done when the destination squares were smaller than a pixel.....

I suppose the hard part is getting realistic perspective; but for me, I'm quite good at getting perspective right, so I suppose I was thinking of just a window that you could rotate and control the corners;

perhaps that could be a suggestion, because some people might want to just do a bit of warping without necessarily sticking to accurate perspective.

unless you can do that already.

Jellyboots, try this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3305

The functionality that you want is built-in to Paint.NET. I think maybe you missed david.atwell's response telling you to hit Ctrl+Shift+Z.

No, I found it; I used it to alter my avatar. ;)

I was just wondering if there was a more down to earth, just playing around with the shape, and there does seem to be, as LFC4EVER posted...

But I will probably use both.