Updating paint.net with a firewall

Hi, I have the exact same problem with the new paint.net installer. I attached a photo with the error message. We are using Paint.NET in our company and it is very important, that we can install it that way as before. We are not able to change our firewall or general infrastructure. Do someone know, if there is any offline installer for that program? That would be very helpful.

painterror.png

Edited by 3231

4 hours ago, 3231 said:

Do someone know, if there is any offline installer for that program?

The offline installer can be downloaded from the Paint.NET releases repository on GitHub.

https://github.com/paintdotnet/release/releases

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 1 year later...

Hi, sorry to reply to an older post but I can't find any info on this forum relating to the original question of what network access is required for automatic updates.

We are looking to replace our firewall soon, without trial-and-error I'd like to better understand what ports and URL's required.

I understand the offline packages is always an option, but If anyone can confirm the above, that would be much appreciated.

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Updating paint.net with a firewall