How do I just do easy copy-paste natively? As is, I use the clone stamp, but it's not truly what I want

Zyst

With the aid of autohotkey, I am doing as demonstrated in this video. I use a hotkey to reset the clone stamp between every "copy and paste" that I want to do. Using native copy and paste for the graphic, it has to be manually repositoned and is much more time consuming. What I am looking for is truly a *stamp* where I load up a single image, and wherever I click, it just pastes that image right there. Are there any plugins like that?

https://streamable.com/y7dpop

Thanks, I wish that worked! Any one have alternatives?

I mean, literally, the plugin doesn't work. I extracted the dll (And the pdb) file to my paint.net installation folder -> effects subfolder, and restarted PDN, and there is no "Brush Factory" to be selected under Effects -> Tools. It may not be supported on v4.0.17

Can you advise how to make the UI look like v4.0 or at least offer the old installation link for it such that if my set up is broken or the plugin fails still, so I can go back to my old method that while imperfect still can accomplish what I need?

I get it, tech support is hard across multiple versions. Just with the latest version literally announcing it broke a lot of plugins, I'm hesitant to upgrade.

Re: Going back to your existing version if needed.

From Rule 8:
Do not ask for older versions of Paint.NET. This is a corollary to #7, but I'm spelling it out separately anyway. We will not provide download links for them -- you are on your own to find them (hint: try a search engine)

Again:
(hint: try a search engine)

Do a web search using this search term:
paint.net old versions

• BoltBait locked this topic