feature request: creating a heirarchy system to organize layers

Hello.  I have several paint.net documents that I wish to combine together.  However, each document has around 25+ layers each.  So if I combine them, it would be very cumbersome to look through 100+ layers.  Is it possible to create a heirarchy system where layers can be combined (organized) into different groups?  It would be nice to have the option to select all or individually pick layers within each group.  And also to be able to minimize a group, so that the list of layers is less long.  Does this make sense?

Thanks so much for your consideration.

🙂

Dave

Layer folders are listed in the Popular Feature Requests thread.

Layer "folders", or the ability to organize layers in a hierarchy -- I want this too, and it depends on some major plumbing work being done. This would be a v4.3 / v4.4 / v4.5 feature. No ETA.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait