Cursor size

I am using version 4.2.16 on Win10 with a stylus and graphics tablet on a 34inch ultra-wide screen. The application works exactly as expected but I am finding, with the higher resolution of screen, the mouse cursor is incredibly small and annoyingly easy to lose. Is there some way I can increase the cursor size in the application or could an enhancement be considered for the roadmap?

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same curser issue. Adjusting the system curser doesn't help. My curser is big enough to handle all applications. It's a standard size when outside the gray area.. but immediately becomes micro-sized when inside the gray area and canvas. I tried increasing the brush size - and even zoomed up to 800% to see if that would help, but no.. the + curser is the size of pin head at all times. Please add a button to increase the + when inside the canvas. Thank you 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Paint.NET is an awesome image editor and I use it a lot, but I'm also finding this issue increasingly annoying. I often find myself wiggling the mouse just to see where the cursor has gone.

The problem is that the tiny cursor is lost against the grey background that surrounds the image canvas, see image in attachement. I work with just a standard HD (1080p) monitor, and the cursors for the Select, Paintbrush and Text tools are tiny and hardly have any contrast against this grey background.

Admittedly, switching to Darkmode helps with this cursor visibility issue but imho that's no excuse to leave the "Default" or "Light" color schemes and/or cursor appearance unchanged as they are now. Btw also like others have already pointed out, changing the mouse cursor size in the Windows10 settings doesn't have any effect on the Paint.NET cursor.

paint_net_tiny_cursor.png

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 3:28 AM, BdR said:

Btw also like others have already pointed out, changing the mouse cursor size in the Windows10 settings doesn't have any effect on the Paint.NET cursor.

This is now fixed for 5.0.10. You can try the beta here: 

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg