paint.net 4.3 alpha build 7918

Rick Brewster

This build fixes 2 more bugs that were present in builds 7916 and 7917.

Get the update

To get this update, make sure you have "Also check for pre-release (beta) versions" enabled in Settings, and then click on the Check Now button. (Unfortunately alpha/beta releases are not currently available for the Microsoft Store version of the app).

image.png

Direct download links:

Note that the offline installer may still need to download some prerequisites if you're on a Windows 7 or 8.1 machine that is not up-to-date via Windows Update. You do not need to have .NET installed, as these builds use self-contained deployment.

Changes since 4.3 alpha build 7917:

• Fixed a bug in the FileType plugin loader that resulted in any attempt to open or save images to crash the app. This would happen if a plugin existed with types decorated with attributes from assemblies that did not exist (e.g. from a unit testing framework).
  • Fixed a bug with tool cursors not switching to their "mouse down" forms

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

The two bugs I reported yesterday:

1. Tried to save a single layer PNG.
  2. Unable to open images from File > Recent.

..are both fixed in this build. :mrgreen:

I've PM'd you a dropbox link to my plugin collection.

• Like 1

I'm getting a reproducable crash closing the ImPDF Save filetype plugin (on OK or cancel).

Exception details:
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)
 ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.UpdatePreviewAsync(Document document, FileType fileType, SaveConfigToken saveConfigToken, CancellationToken cancelToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 676
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.WaitForAndDisableUpdatePreview(WaitActionType waitActionType) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 818
   at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 338
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)

This is a filetype which has no load option.

• Like 1

midoras signature.gif

• Rick Brewster locked this topic
  • Rick Brewster unpinned and unfeatured this topic