Printing to Single PDF File

I use PDN for doing Barn Hunt course for the practices I do. I taught a judge friend how to use it for her trial courses. Now there's dilemma. The way I handle "printing" a course is to start with the base layers in place and the upper layers turned off. Then I print to PDF using CutePDF. Single file. I then click to add the next layers, and print to PDF. Then add the next layers, and again print. This yields 3-5 files per trial course. This works fine for me for my practices. However, if my friend has to submit courses officially, they want them submitted in a single file for each course.  And I haven't the faintest idea how to combine pages... and I need to know so I can teach her.

Thanks in advance.

For reference, this is the type of printout I am doing. 

1 hour ago, midora said:

The save variant of the ImPDF file type plugin (no Ghostscript needed) allows you to create a pdf from all the layers in your pdn file.
Maybe this is working for your case.

It looks interesting. But I'm not trying to do a single picture. I'm trying to do multiple pages of different layers of the same .PDN file as a single PDF file with multiple pages. But thank you.

In the save settings of ImPDF you can select to create a page for each layer in the pdf.

Page 1 = Layer 0

Page 2 = Layer 1

Page n = layer n-1

But maybe your layers always add some elements to the layers below and you like to get the composite up to the layer as a single page.

Page 1 = Layer 0

Page 2 = Layer 0 + 1

Page n = Layer 0 + 1 + ... + n-1

This maybe a feature for an updated version of ImPDF.

• Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 2:32 AM, midora said:

In the save settings of ImPDF you can select to create a page for each layer in the pdf.

Page 1 = Layer 0

Page 2 = Layer 1

Page n = layer n-1

But maybe your layers always add some elements to the layers below and you like to get the composite up to the layer as a single page.

Page 1 = Layer 0

Page 2 = Layer 0 + 1

Page n = Layer 0 + 1 + ... + n-1

This maybe a feature for an updated version of ImPDF.

OK, I think I see what you are saying. 

I'll have to DL this and play with it. 

Sorry for the delay in answering. I am in the middle of the Hurricane IDA zone, running on generator power for the last six days, and we likely have at minimum another five days before we will get grid power back. My husband really needs to stop inviting hurricanes to his birthday celebration. My Internet has been spotty, to say the least -- cable modem is down and probable restoration is likely later than the electricity. So my poor phone is being used as a hotspot, but if you have only half a bar of connectivity (because cell towers are down, also), it does not make for a satisfactory online experience, if at all.

On 9/4/2021 at 1:12 AM, midora said:

Most important is that you and your family are safe.

We are very fortunate. When we moved to New Orleans in 1966, my father, a petroleum geologist, took a topo map and studied, and said, "We are locating HERE." "Here" is the west bank of Orleans Parish (county), and some of the highest ground in the area. THe houses here did not flood in Hurricane Betsy (1965), Hurricane Katrina (2005), Hurricane Gustav (2008), Hurricane Issac (2012), or Hurricane Zeta (2020) or Hurricane Ida (2021). But I cannot say I recommend 150 mph winds. We are fortunate to have the generator!

On 8/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, ardneh said:

https://png2pdf.com/

Drag and drop the files onto the web page in the desired order.

Click on the "Combined" download button.

FYI, I had a chance (when I finally got on line) to fiddle with this. https://combinepdf.com/ It does precisely what you said it does.

It worked very easily, but the weird thing is, it turned all my pages sideways. Haven't found any kind of setting on the website to alter that.

Correction: it is NOT a setting on that specific website. This appears to be a PDN issue. My files are 2400 x 3000 in portrait orientation. PDN flips them on their side into landscape orientation to print them. And neither in the site you recommended, nor in Adobe's own site, is there a way to correct this. The PDFs print correctly on a physical printer. 

Edited by Marilynx
Add info