Would it be nice to have the Pencil tool show a grid marker like how the Eyedropper tool shows?

Currently, I'm editing a transparent image in Paint.NET 4.2.16. I've max zoomed into the image, so each pixel is relatively large on the screen.

Here's a GIF of the Pencil and Eyedropper tool showing just how difficult it is to see where I'm drawing.

GIF.gif.857b406f80686602eb28a0194270050e.gif

You'll notice that the Pencil tool doesn't have a pixel grid marker that the Eyedropper tool has. I have to use the Eyedropper tool to show the pixel grid marker, and hover over the spot where I wanted to edit the pixel at, then switch into the Pencil tool using a hotkey to draw the pixel out. Then, if I wanted to slightly alter the color and opacity of the pixel, I would have to purposely set the pixel color to some arbitrary color, like bright pink (#FF00FF, opacity 255), before mixing the proper color and overwriting the pixel afterwards.

What I'm wondering about is, for accessibility purposes, would it be nice to have the Pencil tool display the pixel grid marker the same way as the Eyedropper tool does?

Any thoughts about this are welcome. 

Edited by delete12345

Hello @AndrewDavid,

I'm able to enable pixel grid and can see the individual pixels. However, it's less difficult, but still hard, to see the pixels when the transparent grid and the pixel grid are matching up (or in other words, aligned with each other, making the edges hard to distinguish from each other).

It's still not comparable to the Eyedropper pixel grid marker, because that marker has a distinctive, white outline around the highlighted pixel. That marker is very easy to focus the eyes on, as well as being very apparent to spot it on top of the transparent background, even with the pixel grid enabled.

I still wish for the Pencil tool to just have that Eyedropper pixel grid marker, with that distinctive, white outline. Would it still be nice to have that?

Capture.png.f217a06d76285c5db88ac2ce7b8caf1b.png

1 hour ago, delete12345 said:

I still wish for the Pencil tool to just have that Eyedropper pixel grid marker, with that distinctive, white outline.

Would it still be nice to have that?

Yes, it would be nice.

1 hour ago, delete12345 said:

still hard, to see the pixels when the transparent grid and the pixel grid are matching up

If you have a solid white bottom layer and work on a transparent upper layer,

the transparency checkerboard won't be a problem.