Plugins that fail in the 4.3.X Builds of Paint.NET

AndrewDavid

• AndrewDavid changed the title to Plugins that fail in the 4.3.X Builds of Paint.NET
  • 1 month later...

Hi there. I'm hoping that you can help me with the Parallel Lines and Patterns plugin, which I love and used all the time. The plugin stopped showing up in my render folder  following this upgrade. I have tried following the advice here by removing the files from my effects folder and copying new versions in multiple times, and it hasn't helped. I also can't see anything about it not working in my plugin errors.

I'm not very techy (the cross one bears from working in corporate all my life, where you have an IT dept. to take care of most issues!), so I really hope that someone can help and use plain language to explain what I need to do. 🤞 ☺️

Hi @AllegedStuffI guess you already got the advice in the plugins topic.

Because of changes in paint.net the OptionBasedLibrary files must now be placed in the Effects folder.

Or create a folder ParallelLines folder in the effect folder and copy ParallelLines .dll/.dlc and OptionBasedLibrary.dll/.dlc into this folder (this is the method Rick prefers).

• Like 1

midoras signature.gif

Thanks so much, midora. I followed the instructions in the plugin pack, and didn't do that! But I will now given you're the second person to suggest this, and will try Rick's referred method. I so appreciate your help. Finger's crossed that it works. 😊

It worked! Thanks so much. 😊👍

Edited by AllegedStuff

• 1 month later...

We will say I cherish my privilege here and I apologize Mr.Brewster.. Please read my position carefully as I read that the HiDPI was fixed in 2017 under the planetoid topic.. If it was do you have any idea why I have a HiDPI issues with my 250 percent scaling.. I do need to work on my communication skills as well.. I pmed eer and he assuredd me there was nothing wrong with this plugin.. Toe head was quite helpful in many ways and I am sorry I expected EER to be the same.. I will let this rest as to not upset any one else.. Namaste

1 hour ago, Rick Brewster said:

I think you're under the wrong impression about how these things work. These plugins are developed by people in their spare time, of their own generosity, and they don't owe you updates on any particular time line. There is no "stalling" here, it just hasn't happened. Stop being so entitled or you will not be on this forum for much longer. 

Please remove this comment Mr.Brewster.. It was written in haste and I apologize to all I may have offended.. 

Edited by Kamikaze

Thank you for being patient with me.. Please check the topic planetoid and make sure nothing I have there is negative as well.. Remove my comments obviously at your discretion but please could planetoid be added to this list until fixed? Would that be the proper route to expedite a repair? I am not sure if I should pm you or publicly ask the queries..   I have posted my crash in the topic planetoid and moderators have responded that possible repairs are needed.. Pm me as much as you like that way my kamikaze lips do not get me banned from your forum.... Unless of course if that would break the rules no..

4 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

please could planetoid be added to this list until fixed?

No. Planetoid was not broken by an update to PDN.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/14/2021 at 2:58 AM, AndrewDavid said:

ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.Filetype.dll 1.0 https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/28078-postscript-filetype-plugin-ps-eps-ai/

Fixed

I will maintain this list as broken plugins are fixed or added if they are discovered broken.

Please feel free to post if you find a broken plugin.

On 1/5/2022 at 9:42 AM, midora said:

Because of changes in paint.net the OptionBasedLibrary files must now be placed in the Effects folder.

Or create a folder ParallelLines folder in the effect folder and copy ParallelLines .dll/.dlc and OptionBasedLibrary.dll/.dlc into this folder (this is the method Rick prefers).

The problem with 'PostScript' FileType Plugin (.PS, .EPS, .AI) is labeled as fixed,

but it does not work for me with Paint.net 4.3.10. 😏

I tried to copy the OptionBasedLibrary v0.6 .dll/.dlc (from the original Post) in the Effects folder as midora suggests,

but I still get this error message:😟

C:\Program Files\paint.net\FileTypes\ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.FileType.dll, Version 1.0.0.0

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 
Could not load file or assembly 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.6, 
Version=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. 
Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

Considering the other suggestion to create a sub-folder to the effect folder

I am not sure which name I have to choose for this folder 🤔

Any ideas how to open .epf-files with paint.net?

12 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

I think you mean of the FileTypes folder.

midora mentioned the Effects folder in his post.

Quote of the ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.FileType.ReadMe.txt :

- Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder (NOT to Paint.NET\FileTypes\ !!!)

🤔

1 hour ago, Asgard said:

midora mentioned the Effects folder in his post.

Quote of the ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.FileType.ReadMe.txt :

- Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder (NOT to Paint.NET\FileTypes\ !!!)

🤔

There have been many discussions about this on the forum.

THE README IS WRONG. DO NOT PUT THOSE FILES INTO THE PAINT.NET FOLDER.

@midora if you are still distributing a README file that has wrong instructions then you need to update it.

• Thanks 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

1 hour ago, Rick Brewster said:

There have been many discussions about this on the forum.

THE README IS WRONG. DO NOT PUT THOSE FILES INTO THE PAINT.NET FOLDER.

Thank you for clarifying this issue.
The Readme.txt is part of the zip file in this posting.

Nevertheless, the plugin issue is labeled as fixed, but it does not work for me still 🙄

It's a FileType, so the files go into the FileTypes folder. None of the files for a FileType plugins should ever go into the Effects folder. It literally won't be able to see or load them.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

17 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

It's a FileType, so the files go into the FileTypes folder.

I'll make another attempt:

paint.net - folder:

1. OptionBasedLibrary v0.6.dlc
  2. OptionBasedLibrary v0.6.dll

FileTypes - folder

1. ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.FileType.dlc
  2. ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.FileType.dll

You mean like this... 🤔

Edit:
Just found @midora 's correct instruction in his posting:

• Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder
  • Copy the two files 'ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.FileType.dll/dlc' to the Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder

(Previously I was referring to the Readme.txt.)

I have installed Ghostscript v. 9.56.1.

Paint.net opens an eps-file now 😃

Edited by Asgard

4 minutes ago, Asgard said:

You mean like this... 🤔

No, like this:

FileTypes - folder

1. ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.FileType.dlc
  2. ImPS,EPS,AI.Open.FileType.dll
  3. OptionBasedLibrary v0.6.dlc
  4. OptionBasedLibrary v0.6.dll
  • Thanks 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab